9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! So I decided to buy a new car this summer, and I've basically decided to get a Civic.

I currently drive a 2000 Mercury Mystique, and it's been through a lot. At least 3 accidents, possibly more. (I was the driver for none of them) One of them was before I bought the car, and the entire front was replaced. The dashboard is held together literally with a row of screws along the windshield. The car's also been stolen, and beaten up even more. I had to replace the speakers, some of the glass, the bumper, etc. Oh did I mention the ex-owner was also a smoker? So there's holes everywhere. However, this car got me through college, so I can't complain.

Anyways, I hope to get a 2013 Civic this summer. I would like to get a nav model, but I don't know if that's possible. Does $21k for a nav model seem reasonable? I'd be buying probably July.

Anyways, thanks to everyone in advance. I plan on upgrading the lights to xenons, putting in a remote start, and probably a few customization things.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum adamvk, sounds like you're [over]due for a new ride...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like you been through a lot. You deserve a new car, hopefully everything goes smooth and post some pics when you get it.

K24Z7 Crew Member #45.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Welcome, Adam. I remember my seemingly endless string of old cars (that finally ended at 35 years of age when I got my first new car). Let's see your Civic when you get it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome! 21k is a good price if you don't consider fees, taxes, or interest if you're financing it.

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies! Yea, I'm happy to finally have a car in which everything works. It will be nice, haha. I was originally looking at the Dart GT, but the fact that the Civic has such a big fanbase won me over.

Ok, so 21k is hopefully reasonable. I'll be financing it. Otherwise I might just get an EX-L model without nav. I could always put it in later I figure. I just wonder how great the stock head unit for the EX without nav is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe look for a used 2012 EX-L w/NAV?
Yea, I've thought about that. But I've heard the 2012 got terrible reviews. But maybe it's not that bad? Not sure. I need to test drive both a 2012/2013 and see what I think.

I'm also going to the Chicago Autoshow tomorrow, so I can shop around there a little. :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Yea, I've thought about that. But I've heard the 2012 got terrible reviews. But maybe it's not that bad? Not sure. I need to test drive both a 2012/2013 and see what I think.

I'm also going to the Chicago Autoshow tomorrow, so I can shop around there a little. :)
Oh boy, it's the snowball-rolling-down-a-hill thing, again.

The 'terrible reviews' were completely undeserved. The answer was some slightly better looking materials inside (same quality of materials, though), and a front and rear end restyle, as well as some extra sound deadening and frame stiffening, which quite frankly, you're not gonna feel, anyway.

I have a '12 LX coupe. It's a great car. It's not Rolls Royce-quiet, but it certainly is quiet inside. The car drives and rides great.

Go and test drive a '12 EX if that's what you were thinking of getting. I'll bet you like what you experience.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Forget reviews and go drive one and decide for yourself. You can score a pretty sweet deal on a '12 Civic right now. Or, you could sped a few grand more and get the nicely upgraded and re-styled '13 model. None on the negative reviews are centered around reliability or safety or anything mechanical. The Civic is a solid car that will last you a very long time, regardless of which version you choose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK. Cool. Well I'll certainly consider the 2012 Civic. I really do like the new cabin in the '13 though. I might just pay more and get a loaded '13 (Or close to loaded.) I plan on keeping this car for awhile, I don't want to regret not getting the best at the time. Haha.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I like the way you're going at it...

Do your research and get what you want. It'll just eat at you if you end up settling and make you second-guess yourself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
really do your research on the model year you want with the options you want. i bought my 2006 Civic EX that i just traded used in 2009, loved it dont get me wrong but i kicked myself for not getting one with leather. jan 31st i picked up my brand new 2013 Civic EX-L.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
I just bought a '13 si sedan for 23k. Honda is just a solid brand and very reliable, not to mention they are some good looking cars too. This is my third civic and I am hooked for life. Good luck with your purchase, I am sure you will love the civic if you decide to buy one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts