9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice detailed review. Is the throw on the shifter really that long? I have had my Si for 2 months now and it doesnt feel that much different from my 09 GTI.

I do adore this car, I smile all the time when I drive it, while not the fastest sharpest car out there, it is a delightful daily driver.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Nice review.
Agree with the roll. Eibach sways, both front and rear, make a huge difference and are fairly inexpensive. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
In 3 weeks it will be one year with my car. I have a few thoughts as well...
1) I can honestly say I'm happy with most of the car,I still have original oil,but I've just hit 6000 miles today,MM says 30 percent so I'll be changing it soon.it has not gone down at all on dipstick,I mean not at all( this makes me a little bit scared). The color is slightly darker,but now way looks like previous cars I've owned,which had much darker oil at this amount of miles.the trans is shifting flawless since I went with a lower knob.i will use amsoil OW-20.
2)the suspension in my opinion is just fine,I will get hfp someday when prices come down to earth,but for now I'm satisfied,the tires are loud as hell but don't look worn at all,but I always buy I michelins so I'm used to this.they will be fine for my usage.
3) the air is cold as I've ever seen and is cold real fast
4)as I've come closer to the 6000 mile mark the car runs and drives much ,much better and am not as unhappy win the over all performance,I've become used to the rev hang and don't really care about it anymore.
5) I think it has finally won me over,it took a year but I'm keeping it,I'm just not sure I'm going to put a lot of money into modding it,I think I'm over it,I like the rims a lot ,I'll do suspension,maybe a new nav deck but other than that nothing really interest me as a " must have" .
6) I love the interior,dash,instrument console,seats I think they really hit a home run and I'm glad I got the 12 style,I've come to love the hard plastic as much as I've cleaned this car.

I just wish it was quieter at highway speeds,that still sucks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nice detailed review. Is the throw on the shifter really that long? I have had my Si for 2 months now and it doesnt feel that much different from my 09 GTI.

I do adore this car, I smile all the time when I drive it, while not the fastest sharpest car out there, it is a delightful daily driver.

I'd say yes, those throws are very long.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,250 Posts
3) the air is cold as I've ever seen and is cold real fast
I notice this from day one on my 13 Si seadan, the cold air is really cold even after jacking up the temp its still cold.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like my 13 Si Sedan. I can definitely agree with the ridiculous amounts of body roll. When I'm taking a sharp on ramp to the interstate it feels like it is standing on the front tire around the curve lol. But overall I enjoy driving the car quite a bit.

This may be off topic, but does the paint below the doors feel somewhat rough on any of your sedans?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
They all have the rough paint,the first time I saw it I was like " what the hell?" But it serves a purpose like sound deadening I think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great review. I think the suspension is a decent compromise between comfort and hardness. For the price, Honda can't fit it with an adjustable suspension, so I can live with the ride. At least there's a huge after market list of parts to swap out with to get the ride just right, if that's your thing. I had a gen 8 EX before that wasn't much cheaper than my 13' Si sedan. But I feel like this car was a much better deal. I feel like it gives a lot of performance and amenities for the price and still has awesome reliability.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts