9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site.. been browsing the forum for a few weeks now and finally signed up. I just got a PMM Si coupe in September, my first manual car actually. Looking to do some mods in the future. I really want the HFP aero kit lol.

I was just wondering, to what extent do people DIY for mods or instead take it to a shop. I think I'd probably be able to install something like an aero kit, but something like suspension I would get done professionally. For those who do have experience doing these mods, where and how did you learn?

I got another question, I was wondering if hydrolocking is a real concern for CAIs

Sorry if these questions seem noobish. I'm still learning! Thanks for reading

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site.. been browsing the forum for a few weeks now and finally signed up. I just got a PMM Si coupe in September, my first manual car actually. Looking to do some mods in the future. I really want the HFP aero kit lol.

I was just wondering, to what extent do people DIY for mods or instead take it to a shop. I think I'd probably be able to install something like an aero kit, but something like suspension I would get done professionally. For those who do have experience doing these mods, where and how did you learn?

I got another question, I was wondering if hydrolocking is a real concern for CAIs

Sorry if these questions seem noobish. I'm still learning! Thanks for reading
Welcome to 9th dhv! To answer your question, there are several mods that are easy to perform and mods that aren't so easy. It just depends how much experience you have with the mod and how much you know about it. This is my first car and I'm new to everything but with this forum I've come a long way and gained excellent knowledge about my car. Major mods like coil installations or electrical work I'd suggest getting help from someone who is familiar in said field. Other things like plasti dipping or emblem swapping is considerably easy with all the DIY on here. Hope this helps you.

·
RevHung
181 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome! Nice color choice! As for the installing on an aftermarket part there's a lot of diy's that could help you. As for me it took a lot of trial an error so if your going to be doin things yourself don't expect it to be easy or hard all you need is the right set of tools and patience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts