1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I Just ordered my Skunk2 Cold air intake yesterday
only issue I'm noticing now is that I have a RBC intake manifold
and a Zdx J37 TB aside I'm going to swap in at the same time with the skunk2 CAI

the Coupler the CAI comes with im positive won't fit
I'm wondering what coupler will fit for this application?

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
You have to measure the OD of the TB mouth and buy one from ebay. You will find one but need some cutting to adjust for the length.

Skunk2 does not have a coupler for big bore tb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skunk2 does have a big bore TB coupler but its short and its straight. Not the 45 degree angle of that's what I need with the rbc idk.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know Skunk2 makes a coupler for their cold air intake to an RBC manifold with a stock throttle body but I don't think they make one for the ZDX and RBC combo. I would email Skunk2 and see if hey make one but I don't think they do. You could also check out HPS. I know they make couplers for custom throttle body and intake combinations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looked at the HPS website. Not exactly sure of the measurements yet but I think this is it

[h=1]HPS High Temp 3.25" > 3.5" ID 4-ply Reinforced Silicone 45 Degree Elbow Reducer Hose Black (83mm > 89mm ID)[/h]
its $78 !?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Test fit....

This is tricky to decide what coupler to get without physically putting on the RBC

IMG_0556.jpg

I just ordered the regular big bore TB coupler from skunk2 and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My apologies, i was under the impression they made one to fit their IM/TB setup. As it is about he same size as the RBC/ZDX setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello
I Just ordered my Skunk2 Cold air intake yesterday
only issue I'm noticing now is that I have a RBC intake manifold
and a Zdx J37 TB aside I'm going to swap in at the same time with the skunk2 CAI

the Coupler the CAI comes with im positive won't fit
I'm wondering what coupler will fit for this application?
I have t
I wish. If only that coupler came bigger on th TB side
I have this same set up did you find out what coupler you needed?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have t
I have this same set up did you find out what coupler you needed?
I was able to buy a step-up coupler for my turbo build, off Amazon. I fought what was sent to me, and then searched Amazon. I think mine was " 2" to 2.75" coupler ". I measured with a normal tape measure for this regard. They've got some stretch, but I couldn't get that much out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts