9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought Spyder fog lights from carid and installed. Everything work perfectly for about 2 weeks and today it suddenly stop working.

I've used the circuit to fuse connector with 15 blue mini fuse in slot 19. Connected the white (constant wire directly to the battery.

My Audio still works (slot 19) and my fog light switch does light up. My bulbs looks like it haven't been burn out yet. Fuse still looks intact.

Just wondering where should i trouble shoot first? I would hate to take off my front bumper again. I can grab a voltage meter from a friend if needed

·
Registered
518 Posts
pull bulb out and see is it burnt. should of went with oem in the first place instead of being cheap.
You don't have to say he was being cheap.. Everyone prefer their own taste depending on variety of factors which can include cost.

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i did a bit more trouble shooting... i checked the fuse on the wire its still intact. pressed the on and off button and i hear the relay clicking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i just tested everything with my voltage meter. I am still stump.

Everything works perfectly i get 12.5 volt from each side. but when i connect 1 bulb to either side, it gets shorted and both connectors goes to 0. So im guessing once i connect a bulb it get grounded somewhere else.

I am guessing either the switch or the relay is messed up. i am going to conact carid and find out whats going on.

any input on what else might be causing this problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a new relay. That doesn't seem to be the problem. Now i have to take apart my bumper again and check if theres any wire that been stripped.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Where'd you buy your set

Sent from my GS3.
"I rather loose by a mile in a car I built myself rather than win by a foot in a car someone else built for me." - Moog

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hit them up and ask them the questions

Sent from my GS3.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fog lights fixed... seems like my switch harness was bad. replaced it and sending back the bad wire back to carid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea i ended up doing a warranty. They are sending me a new one to replace my old one.
Dang.. I keep finding more and more problems about these fog lights.. And I was planning to order me a kit and DIY it..

PLEASE tell me you were able to fix it and that these fogs are still good/reliable to get?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dang.. I keep finding more and more problems about these fog lights.. And I was planning to order me a kit and DIY it..

PLEASE tell me you were able to fix it and that these fogs are still good/reliable to get?
Never mind.. Im still getting use to this forum thing.. haha.

Good you got them working! Could we keep in touch? I'm gonna be needing assistance with the wiring part.. Don't wanna mess things up..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts