9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
i have a 2012 civic si with just about 110k miles on it. recently i replaced my cv axles on both the left and right side. the other day i was driving on the freeway and all of a sudden my car started pulling hard to the left and making a noticeable clunking/clicking noise on turns. i lugged it home and diagnosed it to be my ball joint had failed.

after replacing my ball joint, the problem persisted. so i jacked my car up from the front end and let the wheels spin. my front left wheel seems to slow down until it stops completely during a full turn either left or right.
now i don’t know what the issue is please help, any help is greatly appreciated

here is a video of the problem link

·
Registered
478 Posts
The outer CV joint seems to have a cage binding issue, and it will need to be taken apart for inspection to isolate the problem. Did you replace your axles with used or remanufacture parts, maybe they're still under warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outer CV joint seems to have a cage binding issue, and it will need to be taken apart for inspection to isolate the problem. Did you replace your axles with used or remanufacture parts, maybe they're still under warranty?
they’re aftermarket. the brand is called trakmotive. i’ll ask them about a replacement

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update:
my new front left axle seemed to have been defective. i put my old axle back on in the mean time while I get a replacement. the old axle worked like a charm and had no problems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you saved my life 🙏🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts