9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok..so im a little stuck on my build at the moment... but I came up with what I want... Now just help me choose a couple things im still undecided

-jdm badge--definately
-Bug deflector- I like it (when it becomes part of the final product)
-ebay front lip- cant decide on the paint scheme...
1. glossy black paint..
2. paint it red plastidip the bottom on the sides
3. Paint it black and red
4. just all red
-Hood
1. Leave red?
2. Plastidip black + gloss plastidip
3. vinyl wrap in glossy black
* will not paint my hood or buy a carbonfiber one or buy an extra and paint it.
-Roof
1. Viny glossy black? or Leave red?

Please do not bash my ideas, if you do not like any of them do not post anything*****i will ban you!
If you like one more than the other then let me know which one... just need help clarifying some things.

I STOLE THIS PIC FROM SOMEONE AND PHOTO CHOOOOPPPPPEEDD IT! Its a rush photochop but ya get the idea! Sorry forgot to put rims black in all of them...too lazy to go back and fix.

FIRST MY FAVE

SECOND

THIRD

No Air Deflector

Original

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Black roof looks nice over the red... Keep bug deflector and black chin spoiler.... How about rear diffuser?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Digger

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black roof looks nice over the red... Keep bug deflector and black chin spoiler.... How about rear diffuser?

but the front lip is my main concern...im leaning towards painting it all red and then plastidipping the bottom side edges like on pic one..what about the rear diffuser? Thats already black..?

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, not what's available right now on the market... for some reason, they just look off...
I agree with you 100% on the lips availble being horrible choices... but search the forum i been waiting for an hfp release for over a year posting constantly about it... kinda funny if you go back and search it you see people saying ohh i tallked to my dealer he said in dec of 2011 hahaha clearly not... its obviously not gonna happen now...and looking at the 13 doubt theyll fit if they decide to make one...

i just think the bottom of that front bumper leaves something to be desired...thats why i thought of the paint scheme to kinda make it look like the hfp lips kindaaa, makes it look more agressive!

vs

·
Registered
325 Posts
Plastidip black + gloss plastidip
Black roof
Got to have a lip

Clear bra > bug deflector

Reactions: CivicMx

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plastidip black + gloss plastidip
Black roof
Got to have a lip

Clear bra > bug deflector
Deflector is for looks nothing else...
I would never put clear bra on any of my cars... lol reminds me of my mom and grandma with plastic over their couches...lmao it just doesnt look good... (Its not clear!!! LOL..when its new you can tell obviously tell its their when it ages and gets dirty the edgesss of the bra get like dark dirtty and it just looks awful... my moms couches are still brand new after like ten years... but i hate sitting on themm.. specially in shorts ...sticky as hell lol

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I use the oem bra only for the hood, works well for me and looks good black on black.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I use the oem bra only for the hood, works well for me and looks good black on black.

My mom has the front bumper the hood and the fronts of the fender...on her 06 accord..at first it looked ok... 5 years later... not so much.... ill snap a pic when i go over..ill try to remember... dont get me wrong not bashing just wouldnt do it myself after seeing what happened to hers..and yea hers is 3m...i though of oem bra for the white civic but then cant do lip right??

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I've always been a clean car person... And with regular maintenance, never have any issues.. My 99 si (black) had bra, and after 3 years of nasty New England weather... No fade line... Just took care of it.. Everybody has personal preferences in mods... With all the highway mileage I do, IMO, the bra is most effective. For others may be clear bra or deflector... With your car (civicmx) I think the deflector looks best..

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No im not talking bout oem bra..i think those are ok... your not gonna get a fade like unless your carr is parked in the sun 24/7 and even then itd take years...im talking about the 3m tape clear bra stuff... not the honda leather bras

thissss

1 - 20 of 47 Posts