9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2013 civic si sedan couple months ago. I love it! I want to pick up parts for it over the winter and install all of them in one weekend this spring when its nice. I have been doing a lot of research but would like some input on a couple things. I will start with the list I have compiled. Injen cai, OEM big bore tb, tbs?, catless downpipe, and full exhaust, and flashpro(tuned by vit)! FIRST QUESTION - Would I need a throttle body with the injen cai or would the tbs be enough for my mods? SECOND QUESTION - EXHAUST - Magnaflow 2.5" or greddy EVO3 2.75". I like the sound of the magna flow but im afraid it wont alow enough flow for performance. Im looking to keep it semi quiet with a deep mellow tone. I have about $2500 to put into this winter and would like the best performance for my money. I have been debating about the RBC intake manifold but I think im going to stay away from that for now.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! Glad to be here. I have learned a lot from this site over the past couple weeks!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Erkon.

·
Registered
271 Posts
if you are worried about the 2.5" flow why not just go 3", also what is the point on going cat-less? wont it throw a CEL? im just curious because im thinkin of getting full exhaust and intake

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Q300 exhaust is 70mm and good balance of performance and sound. Tbs is a good idea if you aren't going the rbc/rrc route. I'd think twice about injen intake. If you are truly thinking about performance, you'd be better off work the Rick spec'd or prl cai. They both require a battery relocation but they produce good numbers. I'd take some time to review all of the aftermarket parts available and research the numbers, reviews, and videos that are available throughout the forum. Good luck bro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks sincity. I am still on the fence about the rbc. I know if im spending that kind of money and want the best gains that would be the route to go. I have a lot of research and thinking to do in the next couple months but I am excited to start tearing into something and start making some gains.

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
either q300 or full race exhaust. with a catted down pipe, and an rbc swap, then a bigger throttle body, cai, tune. this is what i will be doing. but a rick'd spec or takeda intake.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 3" could make it to loud for what im looking for and also if you dont have enough air coming in you don't want to big of an exhaust because you still want back pressure. I want to go catless for the performance and flow of exhaust and I don't have emission testing where im at. Most to all catless downpipes come with a o2 defouler which will keep that check engine light in check.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok so it wouldn't be a good idea to get a 3" exhaust if I don't get a intake?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the 3" Full-race cat-back exhaust with just a K&N drop in filter. No problems as of yet.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I think I have my set up figured out. Going with RBC manifold with ZDX throttle body with manifold ported to match. RDX injectors with pigtails. Rick Spec'd Intake. Full Race or Skunk2 catless DP followed by the Q300 exhaust. And Flashpro of course. Plan on Vit tuning it. It will be a little over what I wanted to spend but F'it YOLO!

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Ok I think I have my set up figured out. Going with RBC manifold with ZDX throttle body with manifold ported to match. RDX injectors with pigtails. Rick Spec'd Intake. Full Race or Skunk2 catless DP followed by the Q300 exhaust. And Flashpro of course. Plan on Vit tuning it. It will be a little over what I wanted to spend but F'it YOLO!
That's a good setup. Make sure you get in touch with import dps and be sure to let them know that you want the intake that is angled properly for the rbc setup. The original Rick spec'd was designed to fit the stock tb and intake manifold position and won't fit with the rbc setup. They did, however, recently design a new one for rbc/rrc manifolds. Keep us posted broseph!

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's a good setup. Make sure you get in touch with import dps and be sure to let them know that you want the intake that is angled properly for the rbc setup. The original Rick spec'd was designed to fit the stock tb and intake manifold position and won't fit with the rbc setup. They did, however, recently design a new one for rbc/rrc manifolds. Keep us posted broseph!

+1 for this. Sounds like it's going to be a mean set up, I hope you have some friends that will be helping you, lol. Definitely get with importDPS, I'm sure they'll give you an awesome bundled deal as well.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I saw on the website they have the intake for the RBC manifold. I sent them a pm on here asking to send me pic of that intake with the RBC to see how it sets in there. I have not heard back from them as of yet. I was curious if the filter still sat behind the headlight like the stock manifold does. Im assuming it does but you know what happens when you assume....

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
I saw on the website they have the intake for the RBC manifold. I sent them a pm on here asking to send me pic of that intake with the RBC to see how it sets in there. I have not heard back from them as of yet. I was curious if the filter still sat behind the headlight like the stock manifold does. Im assuming it does but you know what happens when you assume....
I think they started a thread for this product but I don't remember seeing any pics.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think they started a thread for this product but I don't remember seeing any pics.

I read that whole thread and there are no pics on it. I still haven't heard back from them but that's ok. I was wondering if the rick spec'd intake ran with a dry or an oiled filter. I looked on their website but it doesn't say if its dry or oiled. I would like to run a dry filter if I could. That's what turned me off about the PRL CAI. That intake has a oiled filter.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
I read that whole thread and there are no pics on it. I still haven't heard back from them but that's ok. I was wondering if the rick spec'd intake ran with a dry or an oiled filter. I looked on their website but it doesn't say if its dry or oiled. I would like to run a dry filter if I could. That's what turned me off about the PRL CAI. That intake has a oiled filter.
It's a dry filter. You could always buy a universal dry filter from procivic for the prl.

·
Registered
569 Posts

the filter is so far from the mass air flow sensor on our intake that it won't be an issue. plus, the flashpro is only using the intake air temperature sensor portion of the air flow meter which also would not be affected by the oil.

a good article from K&N about the oiling issue
K&N Reveals Mass Air Flow Sensor Urban Myths

and more testing they have done:
Can Oil Come Off Our Filters? High Airflow Testing&Engine Air Filter Dynamics

1 - 20 of 30 Posts