9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Help me make a decision 2012 Si Coupe

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
So I get paid 3x in August. I was really looking forward to getting hondata and now that Vit has the deal going on for hondata and tune it's pretty sick deal. However, it's still like $770 out the door or so for it.
It would compliment my KN typhoon amazingly well :D.

Other option I was thinking about doing is selling my sks and buying a new AK. This one to be precise (http://www.jgsales.com/cai-centurion-39-tactical-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-milled-receiver,-ambi-charging-handle,-usa-mfg,-new.-p-64642.html ).... really like the ambi charging handle for easy reloads. And it's only about $600.....Or maybe switch to AR style gun w/e.

So looking for suggestions on what you guys think I should do, even though I think I know what you'll say :D

#2 ·
I know what Roadcourse will recommend: Get the gun to protect you from all of the sheeple and VTBO!

As for me, Hondata seems like a good idea especially since your warranty should be running out soon so you don't have to worry about voiding it. What about a DP and exhaust as another option?

#8 ·
I know the feeling .... I get paid 3x this month (tomorrow, tomorrow, can't wait 'til tomorrow ....) and its an awesome feeling. I'm going to be building my savings with the leftover cash, though (or paying off a little bit more of a bill, I can't decide. May split the difference). Maybe you could put half of the cost of the Hondata or gun to the side and half into savings, then in September/October you could accumulate the remaining amount and make your purchase.

Or, and this is the total "think ahead" woman in me ..... buy everybody's Christmas gifts now or put that money to the side for that purpose (assuming you celebrate) so you're laid back relaxed in December.

So many options!

#11 ·
One item I will add, the $700 you spend will be worth nothing at trade in time. The fuel savings if any will never pay for the up front cost because you will be punching it more to 'feel the increased power' that in real world driving would be marginal at best, and it may screw with your powertrain/emissions warranty. Anyway we were all young once, just as HFP14 says, take a fun weekend with your significant other and enjoy life!

#12 ·
Haha alright guys, shockingly, you didn't really choose either option I gave. I will keep my options open buuut it sounds like I may end up just keeping what I have on the car on it and get a new gun XD. Or save it whatever haha......Sadly I don't have a s/o to splodge it on. then again thankfully I don't since I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the option to buy the toys I have :D.

#15 ·
I just drove a 2012 SI with 15k miles. It's in immaculate condition. They wanted 19.8k out the door but I talked them down to 17.2k.

The first thing I noticed test driving the SI coming from a G37S is, OMG the SI is MASSIVELY slower. I'm looking for gas mileage and reliability but I don't know if I can make the jump. Hell, my 2001 BMW 325i beater work car feels significantly quicker.

Maybe I was shifting wrong or something? I felt like it had minimal power. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

#17 ·
The first thing I noticed test driving the SI coming from a G37S is, OMG the SI is MASSIVELY slower. I'm looking for gas mileage and reliability but I don't know if I can make the jump. Hell, my 2001 BMW 325i beater work car feels significantly quicker.
LOL your comparing apples to oranges, a G37 will destroy a stock Si in a straight line.

#20 ·
Update!!!!!!

I got an AR-15 :woowoo:

Specifically a Mossberg MMR with quad rail, collapsible stock, and 10 round magazine.

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Airsoft

Threw my red-dot sight on it and flash light and took it to the range on Saturday finally....Put about 100 rounds through it and sighted it in. Lovin' the accuracy with the AR platform.

65ft
Red Sport venue Vehicle Car

#22 ·
Update!!!!!!

I got an AR-15 :woowoo:

Specifically a Mossberg MMR with quad rail, collapsible stock, and 10 round magazine.

View attachment 231801

Threw my red-dot sight on it and flash light and took it to the range on Saturday finally....Put about 100 rounds through it and sighted it in. Lovin' the accuracy with the AR platform.

65ft
View attachment 231793
I don't think I remember anyone hijacking their own thread, and so completely off-topic. hahahahahahahaaaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.