9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I mean...I would just get a set of tires that are tried and true. Why not go with Hankook Ventus v12 EVO's?? They may be the best bang for your buck, and I'm assuming you can afford them if you just bought BBS rims.

·
Banned
601 Posts
It always bothers me when people get a really nice set of wheels, only to wrap them in cheap rubber.
Your tires are the only thing keeping you between the ditches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
It always bothers me when people get a really nice set of wheels, only to wrap them in cheap rubber.

Agree. Boggles my mind somebody will spend $3K on rims and $300 bucks on tires. I was speaking with my tire shop a few weeks ago when I was mounting tires and the guy said most people will drop huge money on rims and than ask for the cheapest tires the shop carries lol.

·
Read Only
303 Posts
My thoughts exactly. I always laugh when go get my tires rotated and there is someone in there with a $80-100K car and they ask for cheapo tires.

·
Registered
292 Posts
People underestimate the importance of tires all the time its crazy, bugs me too, tires make all the difference. The difference between you and the ditch, you put it perfectly but some people will just never get it.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
The main benefit of nexen tires is that, no matter which direction you mount them, you'll still be able to read the word 'nexen.' :winky:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
Wait'll I start quoting Edgar Allan Poe . . . ;)

Thanks for the nod, pw. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the input guys and I do understand the necessity of good tires for awesome rims so if you can just help out with providing some brand names that are goo enough to sit these bad boys on I would appreciate it. For the reason being not so familiar with tires.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know that there are various qualities of Nankook tires, but the ones coming standard on my 2014 EX coupe were terrible, and I traded them off for Toyo premium Z tires. I can't speak for the lessor qualities of Toyo and Nankook, but I will always use Toyo because they make a big difference in how long they last, ride, and safety. They cost a lot of money though, about 700 dollars U.S.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
Hankook.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
thanks for the input guys and I do understand the necessity of good tires for awesome rims so if you can just help out with providing some brand names that are goo enough to sit these bad boys on I would appreciate it. For the reason being not so familiar with tires.
A good idea would be to look in the Tires forum. There's tons of info there.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
What type of tire are you looking for? All season, summer high performance, etc... My recommendation is still the same from my first post in this thread. Had ventus v12 evos on my last car for the summer and they were awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any good recommendations on tires for an LX?

I'm about to be on my 3rd set of tires...commute a lot for work and wanted to see if anyone could give their thoughts on tires they might have or have used.
After the stock tires I switched to Bridgestone Ecopia's as I wanted to keep the gas mileage I was already getting or better with the stock ones so I opted to keep low rolling resistance ones.
The gas mileage was a plus with them, but of course there's negatives with low rolling resistance tires.
Gas mileage is very important to me because of how much the car is driven. I thought about just getting another set of the Ecopia's, but wanted to get some feedback.
Are there any good tires that won't sacrifice a lot of gas mileage? Anyone try any of the Goodyear or Michelin gas saver tires?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
If you go to the Suspension/Wheels/Tires section(s), you will find much discussion on tires for the 'non-high-performance' R18 Civics. I'm sure you'll find a lot of what you are looking for there.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts