81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Pirelli for max powa!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pirelli Cinturato P7 "plus" get those best tires I ever owned! Had them on my ex wheels they are literally amazing and worth the price. Stay far away from continental please!!! If you get the pirellis get the "plus version"

·
Registered
233 Posts
I might get killed by some other Si guys for saying this, but I really like the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires that came from the factory on my Si. They're quiet, last a long time (+45,000 miles), and haven't failed me during spirited drives through twisty canyons.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I might get killed by some other Si guys for saying this, but I really like the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires that came from the factory on my Si. They're quiet, last a long time (+45,000 miles), and haven't failed me during spirited drives through twisty canyons.
I'd agree with you. I had those put on my TL since they did so well as OEM's on that car. I see myself looking at them for my Si.

Don't know that they meet the Ultra High Performance piece, but definitely a great all round tire that wears well.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Oh you know it. :flame:

Reactions: sunkAlias

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for some ultra high performance all season tires. Now, what's the main differences between brands? is there one better than the other? I know Continental and Michelin are up there but whats the real difference between their tires? I'm having a hard time decifering between all the brands and what each does. Heres what my needs are

I live in Vancouver, Canada, so something that's really good in the rain, slush, but also during the summer time driving into the interior where its 25+ degrees Celsius.

I currently drive 90km a day to and from work combined. I do about 75% highway and 25% city. I want something that is low profile, something with superior handling but also fuel efficient. I have a Civic 2012 EX

Right now I have narrowed my search to

the new Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3
Continental Contiprocontact
Pirelli Cinturato P7

Thanks for the help!
If you want an all season I've heard real good things about the continental DWS, really good bang for your buck and great wet performance for you in Vancouver.

Honestly, use the tire rack reviews for tires, pick your category and then go through the tests and reviews and determine what meets your needs and price range.
I ended up getting BF Goodrich gforce sport comp2 tires last time I bought summers based on the reviews and they have been fantastic.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Two cents worth, because of the Continental DWS recommendations: I have those on an Acura TL. Got them just before the Winter from Hell of 2013/14, so I've driven them through two winters now. Prior to that I had Vredestein Wintrac Extreme, which is a winter tire that can be driven year-round (as opposed to an all-season tire like the Conti).

The Conti were significantly less money than the Vredestein. They handle well on dry and wet pavement, and are fairly quiet as performance tires go. They are pretty good on snow, although the Vredesteins were better.

My only real complaint with the Contis is that they tend to develop temporary flat spots if the car is parked for more than a day. It's only an annoyance, because it goes away after a few miles once the tire heats up. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had three sets of tires on my 2014 Si Coupe. (225/ZR40/18). The original Continental Conti ProContact were OK and lasted 30,000 (I drive REALLY hard in the mountains for fun a lot). Then I got Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetricals, and though they were pretty sticky I burned them up in less than 13,000 miles (I did get a warranty adjustment from TireRack). Now I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 (I think the '06' is the latest version of this) and I am VERY happy with these. They don't squeal much at all and are far better holding the corners than the other two. We'll have to see how they last.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats The BEST Performance 215/35/18 Tire Out There?

Hey guys getting some new wheels next week and need a new set of rubber for them. Looking for a good performance tire. Size is 215/35/18 thanks for the help!

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Michelin pilot supersport

Reactions: team3d and 62953

·
Registered
16 Posts
They wont be that small I would go with a 215/40 but then I can't drop the car as low as I want that is the key problem with 40 over 35 sidewall so I don't know I am going to have to think lol

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
what kind of performance are you looking for? The word "Performance" is soooo vague.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts