9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Something that is going to grip the road better than the stock tires that come on the si. I like to push my car in the corners and if I ever decide to go do an autocross day with my buddies I would like something that will hold up grip wise better than the stock tires.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Funny story... several major tire retailers have websites that have thousands of reviews on every tire you can buy. You can ask here and get a dozen or so opinions or you could visit a major tire retailer website and get way more valuable information. These websites can even tell you what tires are available in the size you want.

Quick question... anyone know of any OEM tire that doesn't suck?? The Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 that came with my car are crap in the rain and are wearing quickly. If they made Bridgestone Potenza RE11A in my size I would buy those. Micheline Pilot Super Sport are really nice but expensive. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position are also nice and more affordable. BFGoodrich G-Sport Comp 2 are also good. Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R look cool and I think can be found on the Ariel Atom. Score well but the tread doesn't seem to indicate that it would.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
This guy asked for the "BEST" performance tire.. Unless he goes for a Yokohama racing compound tire. The pilot supersports are the best tire money can buy

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
image.jpg
Pilot supersport.. Anything else is settling for less

Reactions: blackonblacksi

·
Registered
47 Posts
In order, from least to greatest in imho.
Bfg sport comp 2, Bridgestone potenza re060 I believe? Lol, and Michelin pilot super sport... Oh and not that pole position directional tire lol.
I work at a tire shop :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
In order, from least to greatest in imho.
Bfg sport comp 2, Bridgestone potenza re060 I believe? Lol, and Michelin pilot super sport... Oh and not that pole position directional tire lol.
I work at a tire shop :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
pirelli and Yokohama also make some kickass tires too!

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Anyone ever use Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season ?
Yes. They are not bad.
In that price range for uhp all season I got best performance from my cooper zeon rs3-a

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, pierce.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Anyone ever use Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season ?
I bought a set a few weeks ago. They are so much better than the Michelins that came with the car. I only need them in the summer as I have dedicated winter tires so I have no idea how they are in the winter. I managed to get mine for super cheap so I am super happy with them. They are stiffer than the Michelins but seem better in every way. I paid about $430Cdn installed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
pilot sport a/s 3's if you have mild winters. mild meaning below 40*F but probably not lower than 20* on a hard mild winter. these tires rock. finally tested them in the wet. felt as confident as dry.

pilot super sports are great too, but if you drive them, they'll wear quicker of course and most reviews say the suck below 40* and some say they hydroplane easily when wet. i would think with our front wheel drive cars that wouldn't be much of an issue.

the michelin mxm4's are pretty good and underrated by some of you guys. they're very adequate. they're better for the moderate to grandma drivers and get better gas mileage than the previous two mentioned and they're definitely the quietest and smoothest of the lot. they also handle pretty decent, but not a tire i would push too hard. feels like understeer and hitting the wrong spot and they could pop off the rim.

pirelli's sportier tires are always a good choice. you're definitely going to have to put up with more noise, bumpier ride or both but they definitely hold their own in wet and dry.

continentals are also good choices. it's a bummer i didn't get to fully wear out contiprocontacts. got a flat patched early on in their life and recently hit something in the road that gashed the inside of the tire from outer diameter to all the way to bending rim. they were noisy but handled adequately in wet and dry. their handling in the wet doesn't hold a candle to my pilot sport a/s 3's.

my next set of tires will probably be some continental dws/dws06's for haha's. they have very good ratings. eager to see what the dws06's are all about.

other than that, i don't really trust any other tire brands. too much compromise or lack of grip.

also, up in the air about keeping my '14 for awhile, civic type R, or just get another civic si two or three years on the 10th gen after kinks have been worked out and android auto is fully implemented. i still haven't bought my hondata because of these reasons. also, found out how high my credit score is so it's time to start looking for a house. if i have a house, then i can start doing some DIY mods among other things.

anyways, check out tire rack. they're a very good place to start. check ratings on tires you're interested then look in depth on the reviews. also, check civic si's specifically for specific tires. you probably won't get a lot of hits once you get that specific, but all the other reviews are still good indicators overall.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
pilot super sports are great too, but if you drive them, they'll wear quicker of course and most reviews say the suck below 40* and some say they hydroplane easily when wet. i would think with our front wheel drive cars that wouldn't be much of an issue.
FWDs can hydroplane just as easily as RWDs.

continentals are also good choices. it's a bummer i didn't get to fully wear out contiprocontacts. got a flat patched early on in their life and recently hit something in the road that gashed the inside of the tire from outer diameter to all the way to bending rim. they were noisy but handled adequately in wet and dry. their handling in the wet doesn't hold a candle to my pilot sport a/s 3's.
My ProContacts are very quiet.

my next set of tires will probably be some continental dws/dws06's for haha's. they have very good ratings. eager to see what the dws06's are all about.
I'm getting a set next week. I'd like to compare notes.

anyways, check out tire rack. they're a very good place to start. check ratings on tires you're interested then look in depth on the reviews. also, check civic si's specifically for specific tires. you probably won't get a lot of hits once you get that specific, but all the other reviews are still good indicators overall.
I just went through that process with Tire Rack and Discount Tire. And then when I shopped around locally I found that, after mounting and balancing, the prices were pretty much the same as the online sellers because you have to pay your local mechanic for those same services, regardless, unless you can do it yourself, or have a buddy to do it for nothing. And I found that my local guy will do the m&b for less than what was quoted online, so it evened out.

What I'm saying is, shop locally, too. I, for one, like to support my local brick-and-mortar when I can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up a set of 17x9 +25 Ambit wheels and looking for the best overall tire I can get. A little confused at overall sizing based off all of the different information that I have read and been told.
Was originally told that a 235/40 or 235/45 would be great. While then others say I will rub as I am lowered on Godspeed Project MonoRS coilovers.
In the 235/40 I am highly considering a Nitto or BFGoodrich tire that I found online, Sport Comp-2 I believe.
Michelin Pilot Sport if I could find it in a 235/40... if anyone knows if they make that I can't find it.
Also had really good luck on my RSX with Hankook. Even their entry level all season "sporty" tire is a great tire. Never really pushed that car though.

So many good options... would love to say wheel and tire packages were easy but I am lost in the sauce.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Need a little help picking out some new rims for my car; not very knowledgeable about this, lol. Would these work on my 2012 Civic Coupe (LX)? Would TPMS sensors be a problem? Three of my four steelies w/ hubcaps are currently bent, looking for a cheap set to tide me over for awhile.

ebay.com/itm/17-Wheels-Rims-Sonata-Optima-Eclipse-Q40-K900-CRV-Legacy-Sienna-MKX-Flex-5x114-3-/252459407522

101 - 120 of 134 Posts