9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought my son a 2012 Civic 1.8L coupe with a manual transmission. It recently started being loud in 1st and 2nd gear. We changed the transmission fluid but no improvement. I’m afraid it will need a new transmission. Car has 120k miles

Any idea what this will cost? Will go ahead and replace the clutch at the same time.
Any tips or help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
loud what?
this isnt giving a lot of info here.
video or better description of the sound

you sure you don't have a bad axle?

·
I Need A Vacation
14,067 Posts
Cost as in doing yourself or cost as in taking it to a shop. Want to do it yourself call Honda ask them how much a new clutch cost. Taking it to a shop call 5-6 reputable shops and get a quote. There problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My main question was how much is a new manual transmission for a 1.8L car? Is a new one from a dealer the best option, or is there any other reliable options? Anyone replaced one? Is this common with these cars?
Thanks

·
I Need A Vacation
14,067 Posts
My main question was how much is a new manual transmission for a 1.8L car? Is a new one from a dealer the best option, or is there any other reliable options? Anyone replaced one? Is this common with these cars?
Thanks
When a MT needs to be replaced is based on how you drive it if the previous owner beat on it than it will be sooner rather than also MT is a wear and tear item so based on mileage it will ultimately have to be replaced. Best bet is to stay OEM that will be the most reliable option.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks
without providing additional info, you seem convinced it needs replacement.

search for a suitable replacement at a salvage yard in your zip code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts