9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all here's my info. 13 civic si sedan, it's got truhart shock/struts and tien lowering springs on it. No camber bolts/camber arms yet..
I'm working on a Proper wheel and tire setup for summer/track use.

I just bought 17x9 +35 TR motorsport ff10 rims for a steal price.
Now I have 2x hankook rs4's 225/45-17 I want to mount up on 2 of them but whats the other size I should buy for the other 2 wheels.
Any solid recommendations? I hear 255/40-17 will be optimal.. but might have to roll fenders and I'm not sure if this is the best "staggered" tire size setup for 17x9 wheels.
Let me know what you would do.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
So you want to do a bigger size tire on the rear? On a FWD car with non staggered wheels? You're going to need camber bolts to even get those fronts on there, my 17x8.5 +35 with a 215/45r17 rubbed like crazy before I threw some camber at it, and I have a similar suspension set up, probably about a half inch lower than you sit. The rear seems to have more room, but a i'd imagine a 255 is pushing it. Either way it's gonna like goofy since the wheels are the same size.

Now if you wanna do big tire in front and give it that FWD drag look, more power too ya, but its gonna take a lot of work to make a 255 fit under there.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think the OP is looking for a track setup (road course) with a wider front and narrow rear. Overall, the two tires are the same height.
I believe this helps the back end rotate better.
Only issue I see is a 225 on a 9" wheel. Too much stretch. Also I think 245/40/17 might be a better match up front?
Either way with that wheel and offset, you are going to need some camber and/or fender work.

Check out posts from @safe gabe he did a staggered setup.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think the OP is looking for a track setup (road course) with a wider front and narrow rear. Overall, the two tires are the same height.
I believe this helps the back end rotate better.
Only issue I see is a 225 on a 9" wheel. Too much stretch. Also I think 245/40/17 might be a better match up front?
Either way with that wheel and offset, you are going to need some camber and/or fender work.

Check out posts from @safe gabe he did a staggered setup.
That makes more sense. Never know with kids these days. Why not just do a 245 all the way around? Couldn't track car just up the psi in the rear to make it around better?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. I've never tracked a car so I really don't know all the specifics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right I'm on the same page as dpedro. I want a road course/track setup (not to serious, otherwise I'd go sq).
225/45 on the 17x9 +35 will be in the rear.
Fronts I need the advice on now, what will be the best size to match with my 225/45 I will have in the rear (plz consider it is stretch on the 17x9)

245/40 OR 255/40 (I will be adding the camber bolts and fender rolling etc if needed)
I need as many "Educated Guesses" I can get lol.
I used the tire calculator and read forums but still cannot find where I stand with the 225/45 on a 9 wide wheel. I only read them on 17x8
Does it even matter that much :S

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks dpedro for the link. Looks like hes actually got the same wheel specs as mine. And it looks like he did what I'm looking at 255/40 f & 225/45 r on 9inch wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts