9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i got my 2nd modified exhaust ticket, just wondering if my car or tune will get messed up because of me swapping back to a stock exhaust my mods are fbo tune i have a 3inch n1 exhaust, also if i switch to 2.75 inch exhaust will the performance be the same since im not gonna have a 3inch catback anymore? I just want a more quiet exhaust because **** California! Thanks for the help in advance boiz! :)

·
Registered
2012 Civic SI Sedan
12 Posts
Hey guys so i got my 2nd modified exhaust ticket, just wondering if my car or tune will get messed up because of me swapping back to a stock exhaust my mods are fbo tune i have a 3inch n1 exhaust, also if i switch to 2.75 inch exhaust will the performance be the same since im not gonna have a 3inch catback anymore? I just want a more quiet exhaust because **** California! Thanks for the help in advance boiz! :)
As far as I know you should be fine. You generally don't need a tune for just and exhaust so switching back shouldn't be an issue. As far as performance goes, there might be a single digit horsepower loss, but not anything noticeable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know you should be fine. You generally don't need a tune for just and exhaust so switching back shouldn't be an issue. As far as performance goes, there might be a single digit horsepower loss, but not anything noticeable.
Hi thanks for your response, so you're saying even if im dyno tuned with a 3inch exhaust fbo if i switch back my stock exhaust my car should run fine but ill drop horsepower? If thats the case its fine but im worried that my car will get messed up and start to run like a crazy person lmao.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
last question bro, so after i fixed my ticket and everything right? My plan is to stay with stock exhaust for 3 months or as long as i haven't sold this n1 exhaust, if i get a new exhaust lets say a 2.75 inch exhaust like anything smaller than 3inch that will change the performance of the car right since im tuned with a 3inch exhaust? Like ill lose top end power since the exhaust is not 3inch anymore right? Idk bro im sorry im newb when it comes to cars I appreciate yall taking your time reading all this bs🥲

·
Registered
2012 Civic SI Sedan
12 Posts
last question bro, so after i fixed my ticket and everything right? My plan is to stay with stock exhaust for 3 months or as long as i haven't sold this n1 exhaust, if i get a new exhaust lets say a 2.75 inch exhaust like anything smaller than 3inch that will change the performance of the car right since im tuned with a 3inch exhaust? Like ill lose top end power since the exhaust is not 3inch anymore right? Idk bro im sorry im newb when it comes to cars I appreciate yall taking your time reading all this bs🥲
All good man, forums are where you learn more about your car! A quarter inch change for catback shouldn't change anything with the tune. AFAIK exhaust is one of the only FBO mods you don't specifically need a tune for and if you already have a good dyno tune for intake or headers or whatever else you have, you should be fine to revert your exhaust to stock without any changes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good man, forums are where you learn more about your car! A quarter inch change for catback shouldn't change anything with the tune. AFAIK exhaust is one of the only FBO mods you don't specifically need a tune for and if you already have a good dyno tune for intake or headers or whatever else you have, you should be fine to revert your exhaust to stock without any changes.
Thanks man for your help California sucks bro🤦🏽‍♂️, so if i put a quarter inch shorter exhaust my tune and performance should be the same right? Like i wont lose top end power right? Since my car is for more top end thats why that 3inch benefits me cuz i found an exhaust already but its only 2.75 so hopefully it wont make me lose power in the top end. Any recommendations for a new exhaust that is way more quiet than the n1, i have a friend that has q300 still got reffed🤦🏽‍♂️ So im tryna look for more exhaust that is quiet but still have the power. Thanks bro appreciate you a lot!!

·
Registered
2012 Civic SI Sedan
12 Posts
Thanks man for your help California sucks bro🤦🏽‍♂️, so if i put a quarter inch shorter exhaust my tune and performance should be the same right? Like i wont lose top end power right? Since my car is for more top end thats why that 3inch benefits me cuz i found an exhaust already but its only 2.75 so hopefully it wont make me lose power in the top end. Any recommendations for a new exhaust that is way more quiet than the n1, i have a friend that has q300 still got reffed🤦🏽‍♂️ So im tryna look for more exhaust that is quiet but still have the power. Thanks bro appreciate you a lot!!

The car should perform similarly, yes. You might see slight power loss and will lose a little power in the top end. I don’t know too much about exhausts that are quiet, there’s no laws or anything against having a loud car where I’m at. I have heard things about full race exhausts being quieter, any exhaust with high flowing resonators and mufflers should be pretty quiet without sacrificing much performance. I would recommend looking up clips of people driving with the exhaust on to get a good idea for how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Invidia Q300 is probably the quiestest, without an aftermarket downpipe its almost stock

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Unless you have over 250 whp ,I doubt it'll matter. Years already in the books and it's not like someone recently discovered more hp from some magic exhaust for our cars. You could go back to stock. Because stock to 3 inch,don't really do much for these cars.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Invidia Q300 is probably the quiestest, without an aftermarket downpipe its almost stock
There are a few 2.5" exhausts out there that may be more quiet? Greddy and magnaflow come to mind.

OP, sounds like you need to keep it stock. Didn't you just have a post about this last summer?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car should perform similarly, yes. You might see slight power loss and will lose a little power in the top end. I don’t know too much about exhausts that are quiet, there’s no laws or anything against having a loud car where I’m at. I have heard things about full race exhausts being quieter, any exhaust with high flowing resonators and mufflers should be pretty quiet without sacrificing much performance. I would recommend looking up clips of people driving with the exhaust on to get a good idea for how it sounds.
Hey man I appreciate your replies so I recently got pulled over again and i really need to swap my stock exhaust and cats back on. I was wondering if i need a retune because i am going to put back a stock downpipe. With the exhaust its no problem right? But the sk2 downpipe is my question if my car will run poorly and rich since im still fbo tuned and i will switch back to stock exhaust and cats. My set up is sk2 dp, 3inch n1, sk2 intake, rbc manifold, dyno tuned. Thanks for your help bro!
p.s ik its been a month but i have to revive this thread. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2012 Civic SI Sedan
12 Posts
Hey man I appreciate your replies so I recently got pulled over again and i really need to swap my stock exhaust and cats back on. I was wondering if i need a retune because i am going to put back a stock downpipe. With the exhaust its no problem right? But the sk2 downpipe is my question if my car will run poorly and rich since im still fbo tuned and i will switch back to stock exhaust and cats. My set up is sk2 dp, 3inch n1, sk2 intake, rbc manifold, dyno tuned. Thanks for your help bro!
No problem man.

I don't really know what the rules are in Cali against things like sk2 intake and RBC, but if you are completely converting back to stock (both exhaust and intake back to stock) you can probably just put the stock tune back on. If you are keeping intake but getting rid of downpipe, you will probably need to change the tune to something else. I would talk specifically to the guy who dyno tuned you as he will know more about your specific car, see what his advice is.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Don't you have multiple threads on this same question?
If you are removing the downpipe you will need a retune. Just like you need a tune when installing it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem man.

I don't really know what the rules are in Cali against things like sk2 intake and RBC, but if you are completely converting back to stock (both exhaust and intake back to stock) you can probably just put the stock tune back on. If you are keeping intake but getting rid of downpipe, you will probably need to change the tune to something else. I would talk specifically to the guy who dyno tuned you as he will know more about your specific car, see what his advice is.
Thanks man idk ill just gamble my tuner wont answer me im just going to pay my ticket and i wont remove my downpipe I'll just put stock exhaust thanks for your help bro!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't you have multiple threads on this same question?
If you are removing the downpipe you will need a retune. Just like you need a tune when installing it.

Yeah my bad I'm just really stressed out man cali sucks, I'm just going to pay my ticket and just put back my stock exhaust right now hopefully it's quiet even with the dp on smh. My apologies for making two threads about it cuz i forgot that i have this one my bad guys I appreciate y'all helping me im just a newb when it comes to car. California made me stop liking cars... 🥺

1 - 20 of 20 Posts