9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
License plate is a t10 style bulb. The drl is also your high beams HID is not recommended do to low level voltage when in drl. Now ijdmtoy does have an led running light kit that is under an accord/civic on the site

·
Registered
76 Posts
Where did you get your license plate bulb cestin2010.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Indeed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which HID to buy??

I'm trying to buy HID kit for my civic it has the auto light feature and drl lights, I want to know which kit from where fits the civic best w.o having to not use the auto light feature please let me knoe thanks

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
You mean just HIDs? Not a retrofit, just plug n play? It's not the vest way to go but if you do, it won't interfere with DRL since that's on te 9005 and your HIDs would be on 9006.
DDM tuning is real good, others have other opinions of course, but DDM is all I used in the past and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
You mean just HIDs? Not a retrofit, just plug n play? It's not the vest way to go but if you do, it won't interfere with DRL since that's on te 9005 and your HIDs would be on 9006.
DDM tuning is real good, others have other opinions of course, but DDM is all I used in the past and never had a problem.

Do you know if the Error Code Eliminator (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Error-Code-Eliminator-3-PAIR) is necessary when using the Raptor HID Kit (HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning)?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First time Modder! PLZ HELP!!!

Hi i have an 2012 EX-L civic coupe. I want to install DRL HID lights HID headlights interior HID lights fog lights and License plate HID lights. I have a few questions:

1. I have auto head light feature on my car, if I were to install the HID lights, would that feature be no longer available?

2. Where is the best place to buy these lights?

3. What are the sizes and part numbers for each light that mathes my car

4. How do I make sure that the lights I'm getting for each section are the same color?

5. Is it hard to install them? what about fog lights?

6. How much will it roughly cost around? (excluding fog lights)

Thank you guys for your answers and your help! PLZ I want to make my civic as beautiful as all of you guys's civics!

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Hi i have an 2012 EX-L civic coupe. I want to install DRL HID lights HID headlights interior HID lights fog lights and License plate HID lights. I have a few questions:

1. I have auto head light feature on my car, if I were to install the HID lights, would that feature be no longer available?

2. Where is the best place to buy these lights?

3. What are the sizes and part numbers for each light that mathes my car

4. How do I make sure that the lights I'm getting for each section are the same color?

5. Is it hard to install them? what about fog lights?

6. How much will it roughly cost around? (excluding fog lights)

Thank you guys for your answers and your help! PLZ I want to make my civic as beautiful as all of you guys's civics!
First off, do not do DRL HIDs. Your DRL lights are the same bulb as your high beam, which would mean a warm up time for when switching the high beams on. The high beam bulbs also run at half percent for the DRLs. HIDs are meant to be either on full or off, not on half way.

1. I can't remember, but does the EX-L have the option to turn off the auto headlight feature? If so, I would disable them if you plan on getting HIDs.

2. I would recommend iJDMToy for the interior and license plate bulbs, College Hills Honda offers them as well. As for the HID head lights and fog lights, I would recommend DDM Tuning. However, I would not do HIDs for the fogs. Check Nokya or PIAA bulbs, they're just as bright.

3. Bulb sizes: High beam (HB3/9005), low beam (HB4/9006), fog lights (H11) interior map/dome lights (3022), license plate light (168)

4. Most of the interior and license plate LEDs are consistent on color (ie. blue LEDs would be consistent, white LEDs would be consistent, etc.) HID color depends on the "temperature" of the bulb (ie. 4300k). Most companies color temperatures vary (ie. DDM Tuning's 4300k bulb may be brighter with less blue than a 4300k bulb bought off eBay).

5. No, installation of all these bulbs are a cake walk. The most tedious ones will be the headlights, as the space you have to work with is tight.

6. Cost will depend on where you buy your stuff. You're looking at a ball park of $75, unless you buy from eBay (I don't recommend that).

Links:

College Hills Honda: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/civicaccessories.htm
iJDMToy: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/
DDM Tuning: http://ddmtuning.com/

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
HID license plate bulbs? I gotta see this.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
What about plug n play xenon lights?? How r those?
Some like the look, most hate the light output. Nice and bright sure, but alot of light scatter and glare for other drivers.
For a proper retro, check out member puzzledazn for a professional job. I also started a retro on my own using parts from TheRetrofitSource. I actually am happy with the stock headlight look and output but to go HID you'd be best to do it right.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts