9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the honda alarm that you pay for on my si. I dont know if anyone else noticed but when you unlock the alarm it beeps twice quick and when you lock it it beeps once. If you have your headlights on auto, when you lock the alarm and it beeps twice, your headlights will turn off after a few seconds with your interior lights at the same time. Well long story short i got into this huge arguement with my girlfriend and when i got out of my car, i slammed my drivers door with a good amount of force. Then when i locked my alarm it beeped once and then like 5 seconds later beeped again(never use to do that) and now the headlights go off as usually but my interior lights stay on like a good 7 seconds after and then go off. They dont go off at the same time anymore. I had to lower the interior lights timer to 15 seconds to get it somewhat closer to when my headlights go off but its still a light delayed. What should i do :( freaking girlfriends sometimes i swear

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Just chill, and if it keeps happening for a while take it to the dealer and tell them what it does and you Tellem it never did that before.
Yu can also check the settings of the car
Read the manual.

If yu think yu might mess it up, just let the dealer checkit out yu should be covered

Hope I helped! P.s don't take out yur anger on your baby (your si) lol! Ha

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
96 Posts
all the civics come with a security system from the factory, so if you paid extra, it's probably an aftermarket alarm. my viper alarm would have that extra beep whenever the system sensed an open door or open back window. in your case, it sounds like you might have damaged the switch that tells the car the door is closed. take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
all the civics come with a security system from the factory, so if you paid extra, it's probably an aftermarket alarm. my viper alarm would have that extra beep whenever the system sensed an open door or open back window. in your case, it sounds like you might have damaged the switch that tells the car the door is closed. take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.
That. I was about to say that I'm 90% sure that Honda doesn't offer any alarm system upgrade options.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Honda installed KARR in mine. Only beeps when locked. Does not beep when unlocking.

Exxxtreme ?
(R18 #1971) (FB2 #88)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only reason why I don't want to take it to honda is because I'm might look like a retard because it only peeps like 85%percent of the time twice and the rest it won't beep twice. I feel like ill drive to honda and it will act all perfect when it isn't

·
Registered
303 Posts
What should you do? I say leave her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts