9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on vacation for a week and a half and I come back to find out my Car battery drained and my SI died. Trying to jump my car somehow overheated the cables and left a burn mark on my baby. Does anybody have any hints on removing this ugly burn mark from the cable.
IMG_1349.jpg

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I went on vacation for a week and a half and I come back to find out my Car battery drained and my SI died. Trying to jump my car somehow overheated the cables and left a burn mark on my baby. Does anybody have any hints on removing this ugly burn mark from the cable.
View attachment 7166
Dead battery after only a week and a half? Seems so quick! I would guess clay bar but don't take my word for it.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Cable got hot enough to burn a mark on your car? If it is more the residue from the electrical wire try some good solvent it may just wipe right off. If it is the paint itself that got so hot probably rubbing compound of some type if clay bar doesn't work.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
If it went in the clear it might be tough but I would try meguiars Ultimate Polish and a terry cloth then if it does come out use the polish on a soft cloth then wax.

Other option is find a good detail shop and see if they will spot polish it for you . They will have all the different polishes and pads.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i think i might pop into a detail shop tomorrow to make sure. Baby got tinted right before i went on vacation and I accidentally left the trunk open and somehow that drained and killed the battery. I tried to start it and it didn't work and got a new battery replaced. Now i gotta remove some ugly yellow burn mark on my baby :(.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts