9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2013 Honda Civic I have about 82000 miles on it I've gotten regular oil changes and maintenance on my car I recently got gas and was driving on the highway back to my house and my car starts to put like it's tryin to die then a sign that said check emission system popped up then another sign popped up that said check vs system as I was pulled over every sign on the dash board popped up and then when I turned it of and tried to restart it it steady putting omg I don't know what could be wrong I had to get my car towed to my house which was 30min away from where I broke down so now I'm just lost on what to do because of course I have to get it to a mechanic but I'm tight for money seeing it's the holidays any suggestions

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I have a 2013 Honda Civic I have about 82000 miles on it I've gotten regular oil changes and maintenance on my car I recently got gas and was driving on the highway back to my house and my car starts to put like it's tryin to die then a sign that said check emission system popped up then another sign popped up that said check vs system as I was pulled over every sign on the dash board popped up and then when I turned it of and tried to restart it it steady putting omg I don't know what could be wrong I had to get my car towed to my house which was 30min away from where I broke down so now I'm just lost on what to do because of course I have to get it to a mechanic but I'm tight for money seeing it's the holidays any suggestions
Sound likes you got some bad gas. Maybe some comptamination wiith water. You could try a bottle of HEAT(red bottle), but the engine would have to be able to run long enough to get the contaminated gas out of the fuel lines. Any auto parts store or Walmart carries it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts