Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need help just today my car started doing this

while idling my Rpm’s going up and down I checked my factory intake for any holes and nothing ……it’s to cold where I am to fully inspect … the issue isn’t drastic but before it gets there I wanna get it fixed guys have any ideas ?!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well knowing nothing about any recent mods or maintenance... Easiest recommendation would be to let it go through the idle relearn procedure.

I would reset the ECU first (disconnect the battery for 5 min), let it idle up to temp (You can help it along by holding the revs up, but it's not necessary), then let it sit for 5-15 minutes. You'll know if it worked as the idle will correct itself within the timeframe.

No codes I'm guessing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only mod I did was a catless 3” ktuned down pipe (no tune ) I’m in the works in doing soo but yeah only code that comes up says check emissions but that’s only cause my air flow ratio is all outta wack because I didn’t get my car tuned after installing the downpipe

·
Registered
557 Posts
Only mod I did was a catless 3” ktuned down pipe (no tune ) I’m in the works in doing soo but yeah only code that comes up says check emissions but that’s only cause my air flow ratio is all outta wack because I didn’t get my car tuned after installing the downpipe
"Check emissions" isn't a code... I'm talking actual error codes found via an OBD-II scanner or in Hondata/Ktuner (which you SHOULD have given your mods).

As the others alluded to, there is no mystery problem here. You didn't follow proper procedure for modifying your car and it came back to bite you. You've already known what you have to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Check emissions" isn't a code... I'm talking actual error codes found via an OBD-II scanner or in Hondata/Ktuner (which you SHOULD have given your mods).

As the others alluded to, there is no mystery problem here. You didn't follow proper procedure for modifying your car and it came back to bite you. You've already known what you have to do.
I’m taking it to the mechanic I’ve been researching it can be a dirty idle air valve that needs to be replaced

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m taking it to the mechanic I’ve been researching it can be a dirty idle air valve that needs to be replaced
I'm sure that you'd be wasting your money replacing a part that wasn't giving you issues before the downpipe install my guy. The solution to your problem is getting your car properly tuned to accomodate the new downpipe. Otherwise, even if you replace the valve, the same issue will come back. Do you not have a hondata or k-tuner?

·
Photoshop Masta
3,021 Posts
Curious to know if any of your research mentioned that it's absolutely imperative for you to get a tune after installing a downpipe?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
He has been told in other threads that a tune is required. I guess he decided not to follow that advice.

Also, I'll be intrested to see if your mechanic can find an "idle control valve". Spoiler...thats not a thing on these cars.

Edit: for reference, here is an old thread of his. He was told in April 2021 to get the car tuned...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
He has been told in other threads that a tune is required. I guess he decided not to follow that advice.

Also, I'll be intrested to see if your mechanic can find an "idle control valve". Spoiler...thats not a thing on these cars.

Edit: for reference, here is an old thread of his. He was told in April 2021 to get the car tuned...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
LOL I wonder what irreversible damage he's done to the car.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
Once your done at the mechanic give me a call I got a bridge to sell you.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Once your done at the mechanic give me a call I got a bridge to sell you.
Lol should bring the car to me, I can replace that dirty idle air valve and would like to have a discussion about some waterfront properties.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was a a dirty throttle body tune isn’t Necessarily required yeah to make the car run better and faster but I didn’t mod the F*#k outta the car that it need to be tuned for all of you that said all that shit that I’m stupid slap yourselves in the face cause you all were wrong dumb fuk’s

·
Registered
557 Posts
It was a a dirty throttle body tune isn’t Necessarily required yeah to make the car run better and faster but I didn’t mod the F*#k outta the car that it need to be tuned for all of you that said all that shit that I’m stupid slap yourselves in the face cause you all were wrong dumb fuk’s
Ah, so you wouldn't mind showing us some datalogs proving this would you? I noticed you also did not address the check emissions light. What were the codes?

More than likely your mechanic cleaned your TB, reset your ECU, got it to idle decent, gave it back to you with a bill while not solving the root cause of the problem.

I await my face slap though. Could be a kink of mine.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
There is no cure for stupid.😂

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.