9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested installing hids but i heard it voids your warranty is this true and to what extent?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes it can void your electrical warranty. If you install them dont let the dealership know. Keep the old bulbs and everything and if you need to take the car in for something switch everything back before you do.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Well the CHH can you get Import Honda OEM headlights? Projectors, and HID projectors on foreign models. Would love to test those out! Expect it would be plug and play, therefore no warranty void.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well the CHH can you get Import Honda OEM headlights? Projectors, and HID projectors on foreign models. Would love to test those out! Expect it would be plug and play, therefore no warranty void.
Usually HIDs require some additional components other than just then lens assemblies. I doubt we will be importing anything electrical.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Usually HIDs require some additional components other than just then lens assemblies. I doubt we will be importing anything electrical.
Come on man..... we want HIDs!!!

:wigglesmiley:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Absolutely, but you can do aftermarket HID components such as DDM or Umnitza (and brands they carry) which are designed for HID housings. As opposed to someone dropping in an HID kit into Halogen housings, projector or reflector, is awful for other drivers.

If i had connections overseas i surely would try it myself! Looks like Australia is still on the 8th gen version, so we will be waiting on that idea...

·
Registered
89 Posts
If Australia ends up getting the same design as we do and you are willing to take the risk, I'll get you the parts.
2012 Honda Civic Hatch Teased, Due In Australia Late 2011 | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications

"The new European-built Civic Hatch and Thai-built Civic Sedan are expected to make their Australian debuts late in 2011, with specifications to be revealed closer to launch."

Looks like we might get lucky then. If they are getting this Thai-built civic (assuming its the asian model seen somewhere else on this forum) then they should be getting the projectors..... fingers crossed

·
Registered
335 Posts
Most of the HIDs can just be swapped out if you need to take it in, however it would be more work than just swapping bulbs. You can probably even leave the other components in the car, most wont/can't see them in the 2006 SI that I had mine in. It would also more than likely only void the electrical warranty they can't void the drive train or paint due to an electrical mod.

Note: one other member had issues with the HIDs causing issue with his electrical system, but in a few months I might give it a shot anyhow and see if it was an isolated incident.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts