9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’m thinking about going full bolt on,on my car. The goal is for a good corner car I don’t care about crazy power. I’d love to make around 240whp I know it’s pretty difficult to make that kinda power n/a. I’ve heard the rsx type a oil pump can help u get close although I don’t know much about it I’m curious if anyone here does? Here are some pics of my car

2014 si coupe
D2 suspension, rides like shit
Skunk 2 camber kit
Acuity shirt shifter
Acuity shifter bushings
Dc hot ram intake
5 zigen gn+ pro racers wrapped in continental pro contacts. Will be upgrading tires as well

Will get a acuity cold air, rbc intake mani,injectors, throttle body, down pipe. I have a muffler delete and like how it’s not crazy loud so might not do exhaust. Any insight will he helpful

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
86 Posts
You'll be losing a lot of midrange power swapping to the RBC manifold. The manifold makes more power from 7100-7500 but loses power (up to 20whp in areas) compared to the stock manifold. If you want a fun autocross/touge/mountain racer stick with the factory manifold. You can use that money elsewhere in another area of the car for more of an effect. Porting the head would do the most for you.

As far as exhaust goes, people are making the most power with the FullRace catless 3" downpipe and the FullRace exhaust. The catless downpipe produces a rasp in the exhaust but doesn't leave any power on the table. There are a couple other free flowing exhausts people are running that are also great but I don't have any experience with those to point you towards them.

Acuity is a great option for the intake.

Don't forget you'll need a Hondata and tune to run the intake/header.

That all being said, 240whp is pretty lofty for what you're looking for. To hit that your best bet is a K20 head swap and a hotter cam. Or forced induction.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes, ericwallendesign is correct. 240whp will be tough with just bolt on. The oil pump will help a ton. If you go to @mercracing IG account, he posted a video on there showing the dyno graph with the stock pump vs the type s pump. I think the gain was like 20whp or so. But, def get the oil pump done. Might as well put the k20 head on there too. You'll be above 260whp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yeah just looking for some options. It’s gonna be a autocross/tough car for sure. I want to be fast in and out of turns idc about straight line shit

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yes, ericwallendesign is correct. 240whp will be tough with just bolt on. The oil pump will help a ton. If you go to @mercracing IG account, he posted a video on there showing the dyno graph with the stock pump vs the type s pump. I think the gain was like 20whp or so. But, def get the oil pump done. Might as well put the k20 head on there too. You'll be above 260whp.
Dang I did not know the pump made that much of a difference.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've seen 10whp from the pump swap on full bolt on/tuned but not quite 20whp. I'd like to see the dyno sheet as well
Yea, I'm not sure the exact numbers, but there's a video on @mercracing page showing the dyno chart.

You might be right with it being only 10whp difference, would have to double check.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yea I knew that. It also looks like a fair amount of work to get it in there.
Yea, it is. At that point might as well rebuild the motor (which I plan on doing). I was going to experiment how much power a stock rods, pistons, crank, etc can handle with the oil pump swap, but it requires too much cash on my end. So, i just plan on rebuilding the motor.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
The oil pump is actually an easy mod if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty. YES, you might get the feeling of building the engine if you took it out already, but I don't think it's necessary.

I know the engine bay is tight, so I thought it was easier to work on it outside the car, but that's not to say that someone else hasn't done this mod without pulling the engine out. You do have to remove the timing chain cover, which is very close to the frame, but this looks do-able without pulling the engine.

Buy the K-Power Oil Pump Kit. I think by far its the best one, as far as quality and price.

you might want to opt for the block off plate, for an extra $45 and relocate the oil filter to the upper part of the block in the rear. Others here have done this sort of thing already, so feel free to use the search function.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The actual install doesn't look difficult, but dropping the subframe to get to the pan is something I do not have the time or space for.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
758 Posts
The oil pump is actually an easy mod if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty. YES, you might get the feeling of building the engine if you took it out already, but I don't think it's necessary.

I know the engine bay is tight, so I thought it was easier to work on it outside the car, but that's not to say that someone else hasn't done this mod without pulling the engine out. You do have to remove the timing chain cover, which is very close to the frame, but this looks do-able without pulling the engine.

Buy the K-Power Oil Pump Kit. I think by far its the best one, as far as quality and price.

you might want to opt for the block off plate, for an extra $45 and relocate the oil filter to the upper part of the block in the rear. Others here have done this sort of thing already, so feel free to use the search function.
Crazy that Kpower wants $400 for that kit when PRL (or Axiom, I can't remember) wants $700.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Crazy that Kpower wants $400 for that kit when PRL (or Axiom, I can't remember) wants $700.
Yea, I'm not sure what was the difference. I know PRL doesn't off that kit anymore, they have a 200 DIY kit, plus you have to buy the pump, so it seems like the same price as kpower. I wish PRL still had that one on their site for a comparison.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
758 Posts
Yea, I'm not sure what was the difference. I know PRL doesn't off that kit anymore, they have a 200 DIY kit, plus you have to buy the pump, so it seems like the same price as kpower. I wish PRL still had that one on their site for a comparison.

There's the PRL kit on Axion's site. That's one I remember saying having to modify something. I'd get it from Kpower for that massive price difference. Wonder how much Dynosty would charge to throw that on.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Has anyone tried the RRC oil pump package?

RRC Oil Pump

·
Premium Member
190 Posts

All i'll say is. I really like the KPower Kit. I don't know where axion is getting that no other kit out there is bolt on, and wants to charge $700... madness

1 - 18 of 18 Posts