9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wait - you like it now? I am glad we stuck with you and now that you've seen the light, enjoy your new ride.
Hahaha. Looks like I will forever be known as the hater turned lover. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw it the same way at first glance. I mean I think part of the problem is the way it's being marketed, because in all honesty this car is better than last gen in almost every way, just very poorly marketed. The interior plastic and maybe some small losses in functionality (from last gen.) are literally the only things I can find wrong with it. But these losses in functionality are made up for with the addition of Nav. + iMid.

awesome ride man. youre so lucky you got an Si seeing that you're only 19 :O. i'm 18 and got an LX in TW. love the color. pics are awesome man! gj
Yes, I feel very lucky too have it. Feels 10 steps forward in comparison to my last gen Si. I'm sure most people think of Replacement insurance as one model year newer but instead I went from a 2010 to a 2012, so I got lucky there too. Thanks for the compliments on the pics!

I fell in love with the 8th gen coupe when it first rolled into the showroom... I didn't get the same feeling when I saw the 9th gen coupe... until later. Now when you look at the 8th coupe beside the 9th gen, the 8th just looks stubby & outdated... I never thought I'd say that about the 8th...
Strongly agree.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have never heard of something like that happening in the GTA dude...
Happened to a friend of mine and i've heard several other instances where it's happened. If im paying over $3000 for wheels, tires, and the skirt package, i want to feel secure in knowing that it's not a risk for extra unwanted attention. The wheels i plan on getting next spring, but im not going to go for the skirts package. Not at that cost, anyways.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What is replacement insurance? Is that offered here in the US?

I chose to buy the extended warranty over the aerokit. New gen car might have some unwanted issues down the road.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2012SIgh...abosolute beautiful ride man!!! Its looks so clean, and just the way how it should have came stock!!:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad you changed your mind about the new car.
I fell in love with the 8th gen coupe when it first rolled into the showroom... I didn't get the same feeling when I saw the 9th gen coupe... until later. Now when you look at the 8th coupe beside the 9th gen, the 8th just looks stubby & outdated... I never thought I'd say that about the 8th...
we're on the same page

·
Registered
572 Posts
We're pretty much exactly on the same page haha, you'be got the same exact car as me, mine is TW with the aero kit too :) I love it. And I'm also 19 lol. I upgraded from a ls integra Soo I think it makes me love it that much more. For me, i loved the 9th gen from the moment i saw it online as a preview back in may. But maybe that's just me. I think it looks much better than the 8th. i know a lot of people slam the rear of the 9th, but personally I think it looks better than last gens coupe.8th coupe looks don't impress me, the sedan is much better looking. For this gen, its the other way around. The sedan looks boring, not aggressive enough, and the coupe is much more shapely, in the rear and the front but especially the front because of the large fascia. But that is just my opinion. If you don't already have the trunk tray, id suggest getting it. It seems like a small thing, but it makes a big difference, practicality wise. Also, I want HIDs too, but not sure of what kind. all of this talk of retro fitting is cool but im scared to f up my new investment. So far my mods are just 20% tint all around, and piaa yellow plasma fogs. Id love to have LED tails too, I just want them to look oem as possible, no black or altezza or clear housing, for some reason those all look extremely ricey to me, no matter what the application is. But yeah congrats on your new ride man! Like i said, if I didn't know that mine was parked in my driveway right now, I would have thought you took mine for a spin :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Anything in specific? I ask because there are a lot of interior pictures on Google."

I was hoping some close-ups of the actual materials - seems to me that most of the complaints surround the quality. Do you have a macro lens? Judging by your pics you have a pretty decent camera, should be able to get some nice close-ups of the leather on the steering wheel and also the plastic around the gauges...

Cheers.

**edit** would also be nice to get some close-ups on the grille/front-end, rotors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice car, really like the HFP kit. I was in a similar situation to you, I went to my dealer here in Nova Scotia to test drive a pre-owned '10 Si, and when they had my '12 Si SOP Coupe in the showroom I thought it was the most horrendous looking car. The next day, I was back putting a deposit on it lol. The car really does grow on you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow man. Spot on same situation as me. Going from 8th to 9th (but keeping my 8th), a bit older than you, but almost the exact same feelings, excet i havent received my tw sedan yet.

i love the small mod list you have listed (almost dead on what i have got sitting on my shelf waiting)

i really look forward to seeing the progress of your car. Hopefully you keep an update on my thread (when i get the car in) lol.

(and hopefully the make HFP for sedans lol)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts