9th Gen Civic Forum banner

901 - 920 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I rotate tires at every oil change and have now seen that the HFP kit is indeed causing uneven wear on the inner edge of the rear tires. This never happened before with my car riding on the standard Si suspension. The wear pattern is noticeably different. I had 92,000 miles of tire wear experience with the original and now almost 25,000 miles on the HFP suspension. Rear camber will need to be adjusted if you want maximum tire life.
Like you, I rotate my tires at every oil change and have been since new...But with stock suspension and now at 75K miles, I have noticed cupping on the inner rear tires early this summer. I've had it aligned, and still the same issue. Tire pressure is always good, I check it all the time. I guess it might be time to look harder at hard parts and consider the HFP suspension and a camber kit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can someone running this kit on a sedan take some measurements for me? I feel like pictures of the drop are misleading, i.e. not all from the same angle in the same light. If someone could measure from the top of the wheel well to the ground or the center of the wheel on the front and back that would be awesome, also note you must be running stock size tires.
I got 2 fingers in the back and 3 fingers up front(compared to the 3 fingers in the rear and 4 fingers up front before the drop)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got 2 fingers in the back and 3 fingers up front(compared to the 3 fingers in the rear and 4 fingers up front before the drop)
Giggity.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Canadian Ebay seller confirmed that it fits R18s - if any non-Si owners are interested...

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
The Canadian Ebay seller confirmed that it fits R18s - if any non-Si owners are interested...
The front knuckles on the non SI are different than the SI.Team3d sells a adapter kit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will be putting the HFP suspension into my '13 Si Sedan this Friday. Also will be installing the 20 MM '14 rear sway bar.

Looking forward to it.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
That combination worked well for my '12 Coupe.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I have not considered going with a heavier front sway bar because my car handles so well with this combination.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
It should be fine. Try it for a while and see how it does for you.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I dont think it has ever been published.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well my HFP suspension is in and the 20 mm OEM rear sway bar. The car feels fantastic. Much more planted. So far it feels pretty neutral but have no pushed it really

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Thats good to hear!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good info in this thread. I installed mine (on a sedan) last month, got the wheels aligned and same deal with the rears, couldn't get them to 0, the closest they could get was -1.5. I'll order the SPC control arms in a month or two to correct this problem. I am a little surprised there is a factory kit that can't get the alignment into factory spec.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my alignment the next day after getting the HFP suspension installed. Everything is in spec except rear camber. According to the sheet they gave me specified rage -1.4 to 0.4and I have -2.0 left rear and -1.9 right. The car feel great so I am happy

901 - 920 of 956 Posts