9th Gen Civic Forum banner

921 - 940 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is it the same issue with the coupe with getting the rear camber into spec?

THe HFP suspension was designed for the coupe. Maybe the HFP Si factory alignment specs mean to have the camber that way and that is what aids in the handling.
I am happy with mine. That is also the same rear camber I run on my s2000.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Is it the same issue with the coupe with getting the rear camber into spec?

THe HFP suspension was designed for the coupe. Maybe the HFP Si factory alignment specs mean to have the camber that way and that is what aids in the handling.
I am happy with mine. That is also the same rear camber I run on my s2000.
I did not install any camber kit and the car handles really well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Agreed! My only gripe with this suspension setup is that the front doesn't come down more, but oh well that's what adjustable coilovers are for.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Agreed! My only gripe with this suspension setup is that the front doesn't come down more, but oh well that's what adjustable coilovers are for.
Yup front needs about another 1/2inch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
so 2015 si sedan cant use hfp suspension correct? i read somewhere the 15s have a redesign front knuckle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looking to get HFP suspension. I may also get a camber kit to go with it...what do you guys recommend??

I'm currently running H&R lowering springs. Love the drop but every time I come out of my garage/driveway, something scrapes, and it bothers the hell out of me :(. I think the milder drop of the HFP suspension is exactly what I need - just a bit more clearance. I was planning to upgrade the shocks soon anyway but HFP seems like a more cost effective option to deal with both problems.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Looking to get HFP suspension. I may also get a camber kit to go with it...what do you guys recommend??

I'm currently running H&R lowering springs. Love the drop but every time I come out of my garage/driveway, something scrapes, and it bothers the hell out of me :(. I think the milder drop of the HFP suspension is exactly what I need - just a bit more clearance. I was planning to upgrade the shocks soon anyway but HFP seems like a more cost effective option to deal with both problems.
If you don't want slight negative camber in the back wheels than get a camber kit otherwise you should be fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Kev. Thanks. I've decided to get some Buddy Club camber arms along with the suspension. Just need to save up now hehehe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone have the HFP struts with H&R springs? I have a 2013 Si sedan with H&R springs and the ride is fairly bouncy for me. Just wondering if anyone could comment on this setup if they have it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Damn, looks nice, what kind of tires are those? I guess they fit on the stock wheels fine?
They are Cooper Zeon RS3-A's, Pep Boys was having a buy 3, get 1 free sale so I ended getting it all mounted and balanced for $505. Cost me a scratched rim though lol, so I know who not to go to when I get my new wheels in.

The Coopers are fine on there, I was skeptical of the brand but after looking around online the reviews were pretty good and they grip well!

·
Registered
86 Posts
They are Cooper Zeon RS3-A's, Pep Boys was having a buy 3, get 1 free sale so I ended getting it all mounted and balanced for $505. Cost me a scratched rim though lol, so I know who not to go to when I get my new wheels in.

The Coopers are fine on there, I was skeptical of the brand but after looking around online the reviews were pretty good and they grip well!
Any chance you could post a pic looking down the side of your car so i can see the tire bulge. I'm about to pull the trigger on some 225/45 tires that i'm putting on the stock wheels.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I'm in the market for new tires for 17x8 +35 wheels for my HFP setup. I know I can get 225/45/17 and call it a day but I'd like to go wider if I can. Looking at maybe 235/40/17 but the tires I'm looking at only come in 245/40/17 size. Looking at the rear I doubt I can clear 245 without rubbing maybe 235 what do you guys think.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Any chance you could post a pic looking down the side of your car so i can see the tire bulge. I'm about to pull the trigger on some 225/45 tires that i'm putting on the stock wheels.
Sorry for the late response but you can't see the tires or wheels sticking out when you look at it down the side they look just like stock just a lil meatier.

921 - 940 of 956 Posts