9th Gen Civic Forum banner

941 - 956 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I'm in the market for new tires for 17x8 +35 wheels for my HFP setup. I know I can get 225/45/17 and call it a day but I'd like to go wider if I can. Looking at maybe 235/40/17 but the tires I'm looking at only come in 245/40/17 size. Looking at the rear I doubt I can clear 245 without rubbing maybe 235 what do you guys think.
I have 245/40-17 on my 17x9 RPF1's, and I don't rub at all. Not even close. My next set of tires will be 255/40-17.

And yes, I'm on HFP suspension.

Reactions: Dmac

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
I just don't know how you can get away with it. Looking at the rear wheels looks like I can get away with 225 but even 235 looks like there will be fender clearance issues. Do you have a camber kit?

I have 245/40-17 on my 17x9 RPF1's, and I don't rub at all. Not even close. My next set of tires will be 255/40-17.

And yes, I'm on HFP suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I just don't know how you can get away with it. Looking at the rear wheels looks like I can get away with 225 but even 235 looks like there will be fender clearance issues. Do you have a camber kit?
Haha, no sir. Nothing special. Just HFP suspension, 20mm RSB. I had an alignment once right after install. Drives straight as a tack.

There were 2 people I talked to on Facebook that both had 2" drop and both had same wheels and no rolling or pulling of fenders. That's why I went for the + 45 RPF1's. They fit like a glove. And like I said, 245 width is what the others suggested, and I've had no issues with rubbing at all. And that's also considering I corner aggressively and even took a deep pot hole recently pretty slowly and no fitment issues whatsoever. You can trust that I'm super picky about my car.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
I'm surprised you don't have strut clearance issues with those wheel specs and wide tires.

Haha, no sir. Nothing special. Just HFP suspension, 20mm RSB. I had an alignment once right after install. Drives straight as a tack.

There were 2 people I talked to on Facebook that both had 2" drop and both had same wheels and no rolling or pulling of fenders. That's why I went for the + 45 RPF1's. They fit like a glove. And like I said, 245 width is what the others suggested, and I've had no issues with rubbing at all. And that's also considering I corner aggressively and even took a deep pot hole recently pretty slowly and no fitment issues whatsoever. You can trust that I'm super picky about my car.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Anyone selling an HFP suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ordered a new one from hondapartsoverstock.com . It was the cheapest place I could find it delivered

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Nice. Your going to be really surprised at the difference over stock and how much it changes the way the car feels.

I just ordered a new one from hondapartsoverstock.com . It was the cheapest place I could find it delivered

·
Registered
181 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question, I'll ask it anyway, if trying to do this on a budget, would it be possible to buy the rear or front parts of the HFP suspension first? I was looking into the price on hondapartsunlimited and they had decent prices, and I figured that it probably wouldn't hurt to hypothetically do the rear first, since there aren't really a lot of components and you can basically buy the entire assembly through the website. That being said, I don't know if there would be a downside to this, other than the car looking funny until the front got done. Thoughts? (I'm assuming an alignment needs to be done as well after this install?)

·
Registered
549 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question, I'll ask it anyway, if trying to do this on a budget, would it be possible to buy the rear or front parts of the HFP suspension first? I was looking into the price on hondapartsunlimited and they had decent prices, and I figured that it probably wouldn't hurt to hypothetically do the rear first, since there aren't really a lot of components and you can basically buy the entire assembly through the website. That being said, I don't know if there would be a downside to this, other than the car looking funny until the front got done. Thoughts? (I'm assuming an alignment needs to be done as well after this install?)
I would wait until you can afford to do all 4 corners at once. The HFP kit comes with everything you need unless you are overly concerned about camber. You can get a set of front camber bolts for $40. The rear is a bit more costly in regards to a camber kit.

Again, I would wait until you can do all for corners. An alignment will be needed to confirm all tires are straight as there is little adjustment unless a camber kit is installed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey, check out your order again, I just looked on three different sites for the HFP suspension, I believe you were getting the trim confused with the HPT trim, which is not the HFP. I checked the part number for the front shock absorber, the part number is "51621-TS9-A03" (Left Front), the part number does not change if you back out and switch to a different SI trim, so just be aware of that.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Yes needs conversion bolt to work.

Hello guys,

Do you know if it is possible to install the HFP suspension on the 2012 LX sedan?
I think I need to get the conversion bolt right? Where can i get them?

Thanks

941 - 956 of 956 Posts