9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the the 8th gen HFP wheels fit the 9th gen Si?

If yes, does anybody have a connection to a used set of 4 in the mid west area?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
They have the same bolt pattern, so they should.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,694 Posts
They certainly will...in fact, I have some on my car right now :) (this is an old picture from when I was still a bit lowered, but same wheels!)

Those rims look sweet on your car.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Thanks guys!! They looked a lot better when I had coilovers on...they don't work quite as nicely with a bigger wheel gap but I'll survive. Any form of low life isn't for me, or the northeast roads right now for that matter.

Back to the OP, check online for a bit. You can find them brand new at a decent price from a few places.

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Thanks guys!! They looked a lot better when I had coilovers on...they don't work quite as nicely with a bigger wheel gap but I'll survive. Any form of low life isn't for me, or the northeast roads right now for that matter.

Back to the OP, check online for a bit. You can find them brand new at a decent price from a few places.
did you go back to stock suspension because of the roads, or just didn't want to be lowered anymore?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
did you go back to stock suspension because of the roads, or just didn't want to be lowered anymore?
I technically went back because I blew a rear strut on them and knew I didn't want to deal with worrying about parts anymore. The roads are pretty bad here in MA/CT and I've hit some nasty potholes, though obviously trying my best to avoid them. What drew me to an Si was because I was tired of constantly worrying about things failing/breaking down on my previous car. I won't have to worry as much being completely stock.

I bought some lightly used 2013 sedan suspension from a user on here and had those installed. I was happy about that as I heard the 2012 suspension is a bit softer in comparison...I don't have experience though. I use my car as a DD about 35 miles each day and I do find that the 2013 suspension is more forgiving than coilovers (duh!) set to a medium setting, but the handling is honestly pretty close. Of course, I don't drive my car too hard all the time or track it so perhaps there would be a bigger difference there.

In the distant future (I'm talking years) perhaps I'll get a set of new coilovers and really take care of them. In the process of selling my old ones.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts