9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker of this forum. I got a Dyno Pearl Blue 2012 Civic back in June.

I have learned so much from everyone. This is really a great community.

Anyways, now for the bad part of my first post. 3 weeks ago I hit a deer.

(insert Bambi joke here)

I am trying not to be to depressed about it but I was so looking forward to enjoying this new car and taking immaculate care of the paint. I had a clear bra installed on the hood, bumper, and mirrors.

I had some body work done on another car, a 96 red Miata, in the summer and used a local body shop that was recommended. They didn't do a great job and I am pretty unhappy about it. I'll detail in a future post. The thought of having to deal with another body shop and the possibility that the paint job won't look new is the most upsetting.#

So I did some research online and found a shop nearby that had good reviews. I don't know how many people do this but I actually went to the shop to "interview" them. They where very professional. The general manager was friendly and showed interest in making me feel like this was where I should be bringing my car. He did not seem disinterested or like he had something better to be doing. He brings me back in to the shop and I couldn't believe the cars that they had there-Ferrari, Lamborghini, Astin Martin, BMW, Mercedes, Maserati and several other more mainstream brands. I figured if they can repair these hi-end Europeans, they should be able to handle the Japanese.

That was all 2 weeks ago. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow. And I am very concerned about a how it will look and how durable the finish will be over time.

Larry

·
Registered
976 Posts
That sucks! I get pissed when I get a stone chip! I hope they do a good job for ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts