9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts will i need to replace to get this problem solved. I want my airbag light off, putting the part number would be greatly appreciated so i can find it with ease. All my seat belts work, all airbags are in tact, everything works fine, Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
is there any way to reset the airbag light like in the old civic when you used to put a jumper wire under the steering column?
or do you have to take it to someplace that has the scanning tool?

regards,

G.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
is there any way to reset the airbag light like in the old civic when you used to put a jumper wire under the steering column?
or do you have to take it to someplace that has the scanning tool?

regards,

G.
NO.
Honda's product cheapening department deleted the MES connector and associated circuits (used for manually erasing SRS DTCs.)
For Civic this started with model year 2012.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think there is a Tsb that extends the warranty of the passenger side inflator. You may want to look that up before you start throwing parts at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I think there is a Tsb that extends the warranty of the passenger side inflator. You may want to look that up before you start throwing parts at it.
You are correct about a Service Bulletin for the passenger [sic] side airbag.
Capture.JPG
It's actually for the passenger front airbag; the airbag that is in the dash.
Also, the DTC the OP's car has, is NOT for an airbag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Airbag lights clear themselves when you fix the issue. no need for a scan tool or jumper wires. you can also just disconnect the battery and touch both cables together (ONLY WHEN BATTERY IS FULLY DISCONNECTED). We call this battery voodoo at my shop. Resets the keep alive memory of the various ecu's from what i understand, and clears codes in the process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts