9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do our Civics need an error eliminator, or wiring harness ? (Additional cost) I bought the error eliminator anti flicker capacitor for my Dodge Dart....

Bulb type on 2013 Civic EX is 9006 for low-beam correct ?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do our Civics need an error eliminator, or wiring harness ? (Additional cost) I bought the error eliminator anti flicker capacitor for my Dodge Dart....

Bulb type on 2013 Civic EX is 9006 for low-beam correct ?
They're just plug & play so the error eliminator is not needed and the 9006 low beam is the correct type.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 55W 9006 5000K HID kit that cost me $27.99 shipped which are three times brighter than stock bulbs. The oem 9006 electrical connector plugs right into the HID control unit box and the xenon lamps just twist in place like replacing a stock bulb making it a five minute conversion.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 55W 9006 5000K HID kit that cost me $27.99 shipped which are three times brighter than stock bulbs. The oem 9006 electrical connector plugs right into the HID control unit box and the xenon lamps just twist in place like replacing a stock bulb making it a five minute conversion.
What brand of kit is that? Did u just order it from ebay? I've heard that these 30 dollar kits often have all kinds of problems. Your pics look nice and thats the look i want too. I have 2013 civic also. I'm hearing different things, like i should order the 150 dollar morimoto kits but yours look nice and for 27.99 seems like a great deal.

Also, from looking in the honda owners manual it looks like we have to remove some parts of the car to change the low beams, I'm assuming you have to do that process to install the HID kit as well, that seems obvious. But where did you mount the ballasts and how was the process?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You won't get any errors changing out your low beams like you would if you changed your high beams. Even then, it's easily fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a recommendation, when I ran my first hid kit with original car's harness , right headlight was less brighter than left side , I ran with relay harness from battery and solved the problem.

Good luck. ( recommended ddm tuning 4300k 35w hid kit , most brightest color and best view )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a recommendation, when I ran my first hid kit with original car's harness , right headlight was less brighter than left side , I ran with relay harness from battery and solved the problem.

Good luck. ( recommended ddm tuning 4300k 35w hid kit , most brightest color and best view )
I am actually looking at this kit. How was the install? Worth the money? I really want to put Halo's or something like that too. Is this possible?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2012 Civic Si, I want to put HID headlights in but Ive heard about them melting the stock housing. What do you recommend? Should I also buy projectors with these?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Old thread but hey why not. I bought a xentec 35w slim ballast in preparation for a Projector retrofit. Wired it up with relay off battery. My sets are flickering quite annoying as I've had many kits and never had this issue. Not sure what route I'm going to take to fix.
Xentec Slim 35W 55W eXentec Slim 35W 55W

41 - 55 of 55 Posts