9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

Just had CustomLightz do my retrofit. It is amazing how bright and wide the beam pattern is for s2k projectors, also love the nice blue/purple color of the beam cutoff.

Since I don't have another ride, I had scheduled for a same day retrofit. I had a lot of fun hanging out with Bjorn and Tyler from CustomLightz while the retrofit was done, I learned a lot about my car too.

The set up is: S2000 Projectors w/ clear lens, 6000k HIDs, type K shrouds, and angel eyes.

Here are some additional photos from CustomLightz: 9th Gen Civic - S2000 projectors w/ Type K shrouds and white CCFL | Facebook

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Looks sweeeeet!

FB2 squad #17

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i like! if i was gonna get a retrofit ill get s2k projectors! just cos i got a friend that did it to his ej8 lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks sweet.. I love my hid retrofit too.. I think its a good investment if you want hid's and want to experience their full capability.. how much did they run you?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone :) . CustomLightz def did a great job, the s2k projectors are huge too, idk how they got them to fit. A really cool thing about these lights is that traffic signs from far start to shine a beautiful color. What's also cool is that the angel eyes are hooked up to the parking lights, so whenever I lock and unlock the car, the CCFL's start flashing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks awesome. I wish i could do this! Can't wait for some aftermarket parts to come out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks sweet. How long did it take you guys to do that? I thought they would be to big to fit. Looks like I will be getting those now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
looks sweet did how much did that run you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't like the yellow DRLs when I turn the white angel eyes on. I was reading a thread and I liked the idea of using white color halogens for hi beams/DRL, but from what people are saying here, it seems that the DRLs will still look yellowish (cuz of lower voltage). I found these online from PIAA, Super Plasma GT-X, here's the link:

PIAA

According to the description, they'll look purplish in low beam mode, i'm wondering if its the same thing as DRLs. Any ideas? or any better suggestions for a halogen bulb that'll look whitish for DRLs? I don't want to get LEDs because I dont want to lose Hi beam functionality.​

1 - 20 of 25 Posts