9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9th gen civic si, does it require front bumper removal or can i install the hids without removing the front bumper?

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry I just saw this thread about installing HID/HFP front lip vid, and he strapped ballast behind the bumper. was it confused... Sorri

·
Registered
193 Posts
Removing the bumper is the proper way to do it though not necessary. By installing the ballasts on the bumper mounts to ensure they don't cause interference with the rest of the electrical system.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where would be the next proper placement of the ballast? if i dont wanna remove the bumper

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I might even suggest hiding the module behind the crash-bar... Your only gonna end up doing this once anyways... why not just do it right and forget about it ? :)

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mreh true story... First time ever gnna be messing with the car, I hope i dont mess it up in any way.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
mreh true story... First time ever gnna be messing with the car, I hope i dont mess it up in any way.
The bumper is all small screws and pull-pins. can't mess up :)

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered HIDs, LEDs, and sticker!

Just got my HID from simplyHID <10k low beams>, Blue LED Dome/Map and a license plate LED light, JDM fog light overlay, and ordered the k24z7 crew sticker from grfxpstore.com.

Wooot so excited for them even tho they are small! :D

Gonna add in CAI/drop my suspension/possibly EZlips (even though I am thinking of just getting HFP front lip installed instead at the dealership while getting my rev hang isssue fixed) and get new shoes! http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/wheels-tires/7020-opinion-new-shoes-my-9th-gen-si.html

I also wanna get my ecu reflashed by hondata, but I dont know how I am going to get around without my car for little -_- it's a bit of a problem. Hopefully I can get'em done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts