9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the OEM fog light kit from College Hills Honda and a set of Nokya 55w hyper yellow bulbs. Also ordered a set of 35w 5000k HIDs from DDM Tuning. Anyone have this set up or feedback about this combination? Or pics of those Nokya lights? DIY advice?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
just want to make sure the ones from ddm tuning.. the bulb type was 9006? i'm going to be buying mine soon as well, so i just want to make sure. i know ayedang (forum member here) bought his set from ddmtuning so you can ask him how his hid's are holding up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a set from DDM and the nokya 2500k fogs. I love the look of them, and so far so good. No problems for 2500km and counting! *knock on wood*

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
havent got my hids for my fogs yet.. but i got hids lows for my headlights 6000k volt kit from kbcarstuff and love it! best i ever own havent got a single problem at all yet its been about 2-3 months having them

·
Registered
108 Posts
How are you guys dealing with the plug and play HIDs and glare? I'm interested in installing a set but don't want to be blinding other drivers at night.

·
2,264 Posts
to be honest the brand i got them from its like speacial design some shit like that.. but no glare for me just a good cutoff like the stock ones just brighter in 6000k temp

·
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the info Trung09. I'm curious how significant a difference there is between the cheapie sub-$50 HIDs and a $100 kit. Where does the better product quality matter?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a cheap pair on amazon for 35$ and they are awesome! I just made sure I got digital ballasts. personal preference

·
2,264 Posts
ddmtuning.com sells them for 35 to 50 bucks. imo i would never go cheap on shit again just to much shit to do if somethings goes wrong

·
Registered
717 Posts
No glare for me in my lows. I bought ddm tuning. And some glare for me in my fogs i bought from shop

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are the DDM Tuning ones considered lesser quality?
The DDM Slim Ballast kit doesn't seem low quality to me. My only complaint about them is that they charge you about $16 to ship because they come straight out of China...took me like two weeks to get them...other than that they seem pretty solid. The metal work is unfathomable.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just want to make sure the ones from ddm tuning.. the bulb type was 9006? i'm going to be buying mine soon as well, so i just want to make sure. i know ayedang (forum member here) bought his set from ddmtuning so you can ask him how his hid's are holding up.
Yeah I bought the 9006 Slim Ballast kit..I have an 8000k 9007 kit sitting at home that I used on my mustang before I traded it in for my civic...I was disappointed they weren't compatible only because I didn't want to spend the money lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you order from dmm tuning do you need those hid harness, error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets options?

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
if you order from dmm tuning do you need those hid harness, error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets options?
I also am wondering about this? what about a relay harness?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts