9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being that i like limo tint on all my vehicle's, i recently had to upgrade the reverse lights so i could actually see behind me. I retrofitted a set of HID's into the reverse lights and its been great! my question is, does anyone know what type bulb is currently in the reverse light on the civic's? i want to order a kit for my civic as well (once i get one of course) and just trying to judge if it will work on this one. thx

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hey that's a good idea actually. TO be honest the civic's reverse lights are already pretty bright, no trouble seeing behind when I reverse

Could be different on a sedan(8th) though since the light is smaller. on the coupe the light reflector area is huge, apparently on the new gen they look pretty huge too, so I'm guessing they'll be pretty bright too

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
maybe, but if i do limo tint and tint the tail lights it will kill it......one way to find out though
oh yea forgot you were gonna do that, see in NJ front window tints are illegal so I forgot that's even an option

·
Registered
296 Posts
hids for reverse lights? i def. wanna see this

·
Registered
296 Posts
LOL agreed,:Banane08:
I would be far more worried about the brake light part...you know, the one that tells people you are stopping.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not as extreme as HIDs - but if I were to replace the reverse lights (getting rid of yellow bulbs) what size would I need?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can buy a 15w HID kit from aliexpress, for $51 shipped from China (do economy shipping).
Wholesale 15w hid xenon back light ,HID reversing lamp,fog light and stop light

I just ordered it last night for my 1999 Civic DX Coupe, which uses 7440 bulbs. We'll see if it works out. I've been strongly debating to go with a 35w H3 or H7 DDM tuning kit with relay harness so I can have more brightness, though 15w is probably about 1000 lumens per side and should be enough and should be plug and play.
I don't have a tint but want more light

1 - 20 of 20 Posts