·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
250 Posts
Seems like a DIY lojack type thing.
If the voltage is the same (which I don't think it will be) you may be able to wire it directly to the car battery and then run the wires into the cabin like someone would run a power wire for a aftermarket amp.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a CompuStar security system which also includes a GPS tracker. It runs off its own battery back-up in case a would be thief cuts the main battery. It's also located behind the covering panels in the trunk which is also always kept locked. Only way a thief could get to it is to have a flatbed drag my car to a discrete location to cut into the trunk. By then I could have police at their location to make the bust since I can track in real time where my vehicle is headed via computer or my iPhone App. Oh and they would have to flatbed because the alarm part is also locked in the trunk behind the panels and battery backed up, ...and the starter kill function is hooked up to the ECU's ground, the starter, and the fuel pump. So set the alarm off and those won't come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GPS jammer is a widely used gadget today by those who don’t want someone else to track their position wherever they go. Do you have the same concerns? It is easy to prove and prevent the situation simply with a GPS jammer to disable all the gps enable tracking gadgets. Here we got an even more convenient gadget for all, mini portable double frequency GPS jammer with built-in antenna light brown. Details found
jammerall.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody ever purchased one of these GPS/GPRS tracking devices?

https://www.gearhunder.com/best-gps-tracker-for-car/

I'm interested in buying one and hiding it somewhere in the dash.

I would buy this addon also

Hardwired Car Charger For TK-102 GPS Tracker | eBay

to hardwire it to the car battery instead of using AA batteries. However I do not know much car electronics. How would I connect the wire to a power source?
No no no, if you really want a hidden GPS, don't consider the device hidden somewhere in the dashboard, it is easy to find. Using battery-powered GPS is the right direction, you can place them in a more secret place, only you know. What you need to do is take them out regularly to replace the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts