9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put new HIDs in my rsx, and they are 35w 6000k, and they are really really dim, and they are the exact same ones that are in my Si except they work just fine in my Si. My rsx has halo projectors, and it had HIDs already but one was out, and one was intermittent. I have installed quite a number of HIDs on different cars and never had this happen. One other thing is the halos usually only come on when you lock/unlock the car or when you only have the parking lights on, but they usually go off when you turn the headlights on, but now they stay on even when the headlights are on. I like the way it looks with the halos on, but there is not enough light being produced to safely drive at night. The wiring is exactly the same as it was on the previous HIDs that were on the car, so I don't know why anything has changed. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang a whole day has gone by and nobody here has any idea of what could possibly be the problem here?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
717 Posts
Bulbs locked in securely? It sounds like a very odd situation. Hope you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's pretty odd. I've installed probably a dozen HID kits and have never had a problem with them being dim. HIDs typically either work or they don't since they don't suffer from dimming like a conventional halogen bulb. If they're not getting enough power, they will either blink or fail to ignite.

With that said, I did pass by an older TL once with one HID that was considerably dimmer than the other. Nothing came up on Google?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty odd. I've installed probably a dozen HID kits and have never had a problem with them being dim. HIDs typically either work or they don't since they don't suffer from dimming like a conventional halogen bulb. If they're not getting enough power, they will either blink or fail to ignite.

With that said, I did pass by an older TL once with one HID that was considerably dimmer than the other. Nothing came up on Google?
Ya these stay on but you can't even really see them in front the car. And ya I haven't seen anything on google to make me think that was my problem

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a thread about tinting your headlights, the lights appear to working. What was the problem with the dim lights?
The problem is, your talking about 2 different cars. The thread about tinting my lights is about my Si and this was about my rsx type s. and I still have the problem on the rsx, haven't figured it out yet

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ahh, some have more toys and those of us with modest means get confused. Easily!

Check your grounds. If a ground fails, the current will follow the path of least resistance, sometimes thru a related device, such as a related light.

Good luck!

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Will the bulbs work in your Si? Like, if you take RSX bulb out and swap it for Si bulb? It shouldn't matter if they're different sizes because you're not putting the RSX bulb in the Si housing, just seeing if it works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't tried that yet, but I don't think it will work because it is a different connector and bulb but they are the same brand. I honestly think that it's so dim because the halos stay on when you turn the lights on and that's drawing too much power to properly power the headlights but I can't figure out why they stay on. I think I may just leave them alone an put in some fogs with HIDs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts