9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a set of Precision Workz quad projectors for my 2012 coupe. They said I can either use HIDs or LEDs in them. My main concern is brightness since I do a lot of driving on country roads at night. The Morimoto LED and HID kits are basically the same price (HIDs are $3 more) so that's not a factor. Does anyone have any preference or suggestions? I know the LEDs last a lot longer so I was leaning towards those.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would suggest reading more about this on the hidplanet forum since they are more focused on lighting but in general, LED's will produce more foreground light giving the illusion of being brighter. However, HID bulbs will shoot the light further in the distance.

You will get a million opinions on this subject but whatever you choose, it will be much much brighter than stock so enjoy your new projectors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree on that whatever you chose, they will be much brighter than stock. I just changed my headlight bulb to LEDs and man its a night and day difference. Cant go wrong.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,008 Posts
I just changed my headlight bulb to LEDs and man its a night and day difference. Cant go wrong.
How many people flash you thinking you're driving with your high beams on? Happens to me from time to time.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
How many people flash you thinking you're driving with your high beams on? Happens to me from time to time.
I know LED in stock housing isn't ideal but adjusting the headlights to point downwards makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,008 Posts
I know LED in stock housing isn't ideal but adjusting the headlights to point downwards makes a big difference.
I need to do that, but I've been extremely lazy....for like a year or two to do it lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Running 8000k ice blue LED low beam and 6500k hid highs and besides the few second delay to full brightness the hid beats led by a mile. Tip: unless u enjoy thinking every vehicle in ur dimly lit path is a cop car due to the all encompassing blue beams u put out, avoid Ice blue (8000k) led.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts