9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hissing sound from passenger footwell

I hear hissing noise from passenger side footwell whenever the fan is on. It's sometimes quite annoying especially when fan speed is low. I took the car to a dealer and they said it's normal sound from the motor. I'm not convinced because sometimes it's quite loud, unlike any other car I drove before. Is it really normal? What's the possible cause of it?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Fan motor, as said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it is normal.. Well, I think they should use a quieter fan motor. I have to turn music on to cover the unpleasant noise :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only noticed this once in my Si..totally forgot about it. I don't sit in my car without music very often. Good to know its normal.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's a snake...lol...

yeah, fan motor like others have said.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Alright, before I waste a day going to my useless dealership I thought I would see if this is normal. If a couple of you could try this I would be grateful.

When I'm driving for a bit in the florida heat I of course turn on my ac. Once I've arrived at my destination I turn off my car and wait about 3-5 minutes. The car starts a decently loud hissing sound from the passenger side right below the motor mount I believe. It sounds like a radiator leak or a leaking air conditioner. However my car still runs perfect, blows cold, no funny smells, no overheating ect ect. No stains or residue.. nothing. So is this a normal sound? I read on the 8thgen forums this is the freon boiling, I trade to simulate this on my friends 8th, however it did nothing. So anyone wanna drive with the AC on then listen to their motor?

I only REALLY notice this is my garage as it throws around the sound. Thanks guys.

Oh yea, this is a 12 Si.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mine does the same thing. No leaks. No funny smells. Just noise. I'm chalking it up to hot things cooling.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Could be the condenser. Usually sits back on the right. You may also notice a puddle under your car in that position. Hot things cooling.

It's May and I still use my heater...

·
Registered
219 Posts
mine does the same

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
ive noticed this in all vehicles ive had when using the air conditioner.. b

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for checking this out guys. I really appreciate you helping me keep my free day open for important things like the avengers :)

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
man i wanna see that bad...maybe soon i will get the time

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah mine does the same thing too, I thought the same thing, WTH is that noise? But yeah think it's normal

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's a Snake...j/k

You don't have a cai do you? J/W.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Could be the condenser. Usually sits back on the right. You may also notice a puddle under your car in that position. Hot things cooling.

It's May and I still use my heater...
The puddle under the car would more likely be the drain off from the Evaporator drain hose. Also, the condenser sits in front of the radiator.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts