9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holaaa, my name is Kaytie, and I am currently leasing a 2012 Civic LX Sedan in Dyno Blue Pearl! I have had the car since April, and I have recently decided to start becoming active in the forum because my friends have NO appreciation for my Civic. My Civic is my baby and I feel kinda bad for leasing her, because I have fallen in love with her :( I have about two years left with her though (that's if I stay away from the Honda dealership and stop letting them let me look at Accords and Crosstours.) I'm really bad with intros if you haven't noticed. :( I don't know what else to say. I suck at this. Oh! My car doesn't have any special mods or anything nifty like that because I don't really know what to do to it, and I know that whatever I do do to it (that looks and sounds weird) I'll have to reverse it so it look super stock when I take it back! I also have a really deep scratch from a rock that saddens me every morning and I don't feel like spending 300 dollars on repairing it....that's a car payment....and gas....so I'll just continue to be depressed every morning when I look at my door! :D I really wish people would understand how AMAZING my civic is compared to their Fusion or Focus or Fiesta and just understand that I am super passionate about my car and if they don't like it they can get out and watch me zoom away! I won't zoom super fast away though, because I don't have an SI, BUT I will....zoom away in a semi fast manner! This is going no where......byeeee. :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,092 Posts
Hi kaytie. There is nothing wrong with your introduction. I enjoyed reading it. Welcome to the 9th.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the 9th Kaytie! You came to the right place, we all love our cars just as much as you love yours:) hopefully in the future after your lease, you'll purchase a civic maybe eh? ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Welcome! Keep posting and you will become more comfortable with it as time goes by. We're here for you. BTW, post up some pics when you have time...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :)
& I think I uploaded two pictures to the Garage thing....Still learning how to work things around here.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Holaaa kaytie.. your in the right place we love our civics ...theres alot you can do to a lease and still put it back to stock whenever you want...again welcome!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome! Funniest intro I've ever read. Like civicmx said, theres a lot you can do to it that can be changed back. Also you can just buy the car after your lease is up. We do it for people a lot at work

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D'awww, you're all very nice!
I was looking into Plasti-Dip :unsure: but I don't know about that. I want blue interior lighting, does anyone know if that's reversible?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Congrats on your ride and glad to see you join this forum. Yes we do love Civics around here, you are in the right place. Enjoy your car!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
D'awww, you're all very nice!
I was looking into Plasti-Dip :unsure: but I don't know about that. I want blue interior lighting, does anyone know if that's reversible?
Sure both are reversible. Bulbs pop right in or out and plasi-dip peels right off like one of those facial peels.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
What were you thinking of covering in plati-dip?

I have done the front and rear H and the civic emblem on my car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about doing the H's and the emblem. I kind of wanted to matte the whole car, but that's a lot of work and it might look like poopy. :( but it would make my car unique because no one has a matte dyno blue civic where I live.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Doing the emblems is easy but doing the whole car is a task beyond doing it at home if you want it to look decent. If the weather is nice grab a can of dip from your local Home Depot for around 6 bucks and give it a shot.

Use painters tape and newspaper to mask off the area about an inch from your emblem on the back of your car. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Spray at least three light coats allowing 20 mins or so between coats. Use a wood toothpick to trace the emblem then remove the excess for success! When doing the H don't mask the inside spaces, use the toothpick to pick the center of the area and then peel it out. Much easier and nicer job that way.

If you screw it up, just peel it off and take a break. Try it again later.

Shake the can well before each coat. Turn can upside down and clear out the spray after each application to keep nozzle from getting all farkled up.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts