9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 civic-si sedan and i LOVE IT!! however i of course am looking to customize it a little bit such as add the interior illumination kit and possibly a homelink feature. i am just curious if anyone knows where i can get a homelink kit that does NOT go on a visor nor mirror, but instead can be installed as one button that fits in one of those 3-slots on the left side next to the steering column (where the button for the interior illumination kit would go). any advice would be great.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Im not seeing any info about aftermarket set-up.I would love this in my si coupe.Do you have it? all I see is what cars come with it factory.My 2002 accord coupe had it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For what it's worth, user 'accord_tsx' posted in a Homelink DIY Install thread that they used a Liftmaster 375LM universal remote and velcro'd it to the area next to the AUX and 12V outlet in the front of the console. (Pic: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/at...on/333d1311785179-homelink-installed-img_0212[1].jpg )

I thought that was a good idea, and at $15-20 bucks each it sure beat the $200 range for a Homelink equipped mirror. I bought one of them for each of my cars. Kept meaning to get at least a dual button remote anyway since I have two doors I use regularly, and this fit the ticket. Blends right in with the interior and does the job just fine for me. You may be able to install the guts of one of these into that switch area you referred to if you can find the proper switch. You'd have to be decent with electronics to do that, of course.

Also for what it's worth...I haven't tried it to see if it fits yet, but that same remote may fit in that little cubby area underneath where the traction control switch is. If it does and you put it in with the buttons pointing toward you it may be the perfect spot for it where no one would ever notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts