9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I visited the first time in '85 it was called HAM. Now known as Honda of America Marrysville Auto Plant. (MAP)
Other than it's probably twice in size and more processes, and QC checks, still looks pretty much the same.
The line goes on...
I used to think working "the line" would be a good job, until I saw "the line" in action.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I feel like working the line would stress me out, and I would get bored. Cool video.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'd love to work the line. I think it's so cool to be part of something like that.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to work the line. I think it's so cool to be part of something like that.
Cool for about 30 minutes.
Remember each person does one process hundreds of times during a stint. The line rarely stops.
Depending on where on the line a person is; there may be several different processes they can be cycled through during a shift.
But, at the new station, it's just a different process over and over.

This is not a glamorous job by any stretch, as the fellow in the video said; anyone can be trained to do a process.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Cool for about 30 minutes.
Remember each person does one process hundreds of times during a stint. The line rarely stops.
Depending on where on the line a person is; there may be several different processes they can be cycled through during a shift.
But, at the new station, it's just a different process over and over.

This is not a glamorous job by any stretch, as the fellow in the video said; anyone can be trained to do a process.
Yea that's true. I guess that comes with a lot of jobs though. I just think it's very interesting being part of building a car. Shoot, even being part of building your own car would be cool.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I feel like working the line would stress me out, and I would get bored. Cool video.
Look up what what working on one of Henry Ford's assembly lines did to people. You can thank Henry Ford for the UAW. Henry had a very dark side that most people don't know about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts