9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah I heard about this today on our local news in Ottawa. All due to the situation in Thailand. Latest sales figures show almost every car being made is sold beforehand.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
71 Posts
sigh.....

i am just hoping that my si sedan will arrive on time by the end of the month..

finger crossed!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My feeling is that a lot of people will end up waiting for the 2013 Si, the 2012 will become a more limited and rare version because of a "perfect storm" of factors including numerous natural disasters slowing production, and consumer reviews that have created some added uncertainty to the new model.
I'm still waiting for a rallye red Si coupe to come in hopefully by December (even though I really want the TW). The dealership I'm working with has a 4-door Si that should have been there last week. I still haven't received a phone call to go test drive that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda porduction Update
Most plants will stay on the 50% reduction through the Thanksgiving weekend in US and through Nov.25 in Canada

The exceptions are East Liberty Plant and Marysville plant in Ohio they will go to 75% starting next week all others will remain at 50%

They really do not want to miss the launch date of the new CR-V which is my guess why these levels are being increased at the above plants on sale launch date is still Dec.

They are having success finding alternate suppliers for the Thailand floods and the above numbers may be increased in the near future so thats good news for all that are waiting on their new SI's

For the record we ran a batch of throttle bodies for the SI tonight and will again next week so they are building them just slowly

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda porduction Update
Most plants will stay on the 50% reduction through the Thanksgiving weekend in US and through Nov.25 in Canada

The exceptions are East Liberty Plant and Marysville plant in Ohio they will go to 75% starting next week all others will remain at 50%

They really do not want to miss the launch date of the new CR-V which is my guess why these levels are being increased at the above plants on sale launch date is still Dec.

They are having success finding alternate suppliers for the Thailand floods and the above numbers may be increased in the near future so thats good news for all that are waiting on their new SI's

For the record we ran a batch of throttle bodies for the SI tonight and will again next week so they are building them just slowly
Where do you work? I'm at HCM #3

·
Registered
83 Posts
i work at a dealer and 9 out of 10 civics we get in are already pre sold, we just have to wait for them to show up so they can be delivered. I just bought the only si sedan we are getting in between now and spring time and it isnt scheduled to arrive till december

·
Registered
21 Posts
i work at a dealer and 9 out of 10 civics we get in are already pre sold, we just have to wait for them to show up so they can be delivered. I just bought the only si sedan we are getting in between now and spring time and it isnt scheduled to arrive till december
I ordered my Dyno Blue Si Sedan on September 5 in Calgary. Still waiting, dealer has no idea when it will arrive. Based on what you wrote above, you think I'm screwed till spring?

·
Registered
83 Posts
not necessarily, thats just the only one that was scheduled to be shipped to us. but we can see when it is arriving, or at least when it should arrive. your dealer should be able to see what they are getting. maybe they just havent got a blue one on the schedule yet

·
Registered
21 Posts
not necessarily, thats just the only one that was scheduled to be shipped to us. but we can see when it is arriving, or at least when it should arrive. your dealer should be able to see what they are getting. maybe they just havent got a blue one on the schedule yet
All my dealer has told me is "the car is on back order status."

I hope you are right and the car arrives soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea i hope so too. im sure somebody here knows more than i do but i know there is a delay on the si due to parts availability so who knows how many will be made. i just know there is only one coming to my dealer as of now

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im am not sure how its going with HCM Plant 1 but HCM Plant 2 which builds some of the 4 door civic models is pushing production from 50 % to 75% starting November 21st so this means were going from 4 hour shifts to 6 hours. This is mainly there for us to catch up on our backlog. Should be good news for people who ordered a civic in the last month who are still waiting for their car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im am not sure how its going with HCM Plant 1 but HCM Plant 2 which builds some of the 4 door civic models is pushing production from 50 % to 75% starting November 21st so this means were going from 4 hour shifts to 6 hours. This is mainly there for us to catch up on our backlog. Should be good news for people who ordered a civic in the last month who are still waiting for their car.
Plant 1 that week is 6, 8, 6 ,8, 6 revised from 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Hopefully things are back to normal quickly and we can start some OT!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Plant 1 that week is 6, 8, 6 ,8, 6 revised from 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Hopefully things are back to normal quickly and we can start some OT!
Yes sir! There's going to be a lot of Saturdays coming our way plus that doesn't include other type of OT. Cant wait! Well anyways for now I cant wait hahaha.

Btw how many si's do you guys over in P1 build a day/week maybe you can tell me if a certain model was built in the last few weeks that I am currently waiting for. If you don't mind shoot me a PM

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts

Least your signature shows 3 hondas .. 80% of the cars in that vid leaving the plant were non-honda.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was thinking of picking up a Civic Sedan LX, think I'll have any issues with getting one before month's end? Any colours that are specifically difficult to get hold of?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good to hear that production is bumping back up a bit, and you guys are getting more hours as well.

I have no clue whats going on with my car, and my dealer isnt helping me out at all. I put down my deposit on oct 18 for a TW FB6, but i have not gotten any response whatsoever from them.

Im really choked, as i would expect to be able to get some sort of estimate, or build date, at least.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts