9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello I'm new to this forum. I recently just got a Honda civic SE plus 2014 coming from a Toyota and was curious what this button is and what it does. It does not seem to mention it on the owner's manual. Thank you

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
It turns off the deflector shields, which you'll need to do for transport, or cloaking, if you have those options.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
well, that isn't a NA spec civic. only button we have is the car sliding down the road button.

no idea what that button is for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is just purely a guess on my part, just judging by the diagram on the button. Maybe it's a proximity sensor for the factory alarm? You could test that theory by rolling down your window and arming the alarm. Then, reach your arm into the car through the open window and see if the alarm goes off. If not, then you likely do not have a proximity sensor, and the button then would do something else. But if the alarm does go off, disarm it and unlock the doors. Open the car, turn the car on with the key, push that button, then turn off the car and try the same thing again (arm the alarm with the window open and then stick your arm inside the car). If the alarm now does NOT go off, then this is probably what it is.

Again, just a guess. I don't ever remember seeing that icon on any factory dashboard before. It looks like it would be some kind of interior sensor. It also might be something to sound an alert if a child or pet is accidentally left in the car after locking it, which would also be a proximity sensor, and it looks like this switch would be used to turn that feature off.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic SI (stock)
22 Posts
This is just purely a guess on my part, just judging by the diagram on the button. Maybe it's a proximity sensor for the factory alarm? You could test that theory by rolling down your window and arming the alarm. Then, reach your arm into the car through the open window and see if the alarm goes off. If not, then you likely do not have a proximity sensor, and the button then would do something else. But if the alarm does go off, disarm it and unlock the doors. Open the car, turn the car on with the key, push that button, then turn off the car and try the same thing again (arm the alarm with the window open and then stick your arm inside the car). If the alarm now does NOT go off, then this is probably what it is.

Again, just a guess. I don't ever remember seeing that icon on any factory dashboard before. It looks like it would be some kind of interior sensor. It also might be something to sound an alert if a child or pet is accidentally left in the car after locking it, which would also be a proximity sensor, and it looks like this switch would be used to turn that feature off.
I was going to say this as well. My old Audi had that and it was a pain it would go off all the time especially because you had to turn it off every time you got out of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts