9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Korean cars are just a cheap attempt to copy Japanese innovation. They never pulled it off design-wise so they brought in a German designer to revamp their cars. So now instead of buying ugly cheap garbage you're buying a more stylish cheap garbage.

·
Registered
249 Posts
it just seems funny to me that people pan the 2012 civic, yet I see the 2012's EVERYWHERE out and about!... they are easily spotted over an 8th gen because of the different window configuration and of course the longer Instrument panel over hang...

as for safety in plastics and such thats cool.. they also seem to fair pretty well in crashes... while sitting at my favorite coffee shop outside last week... I watched an old 1991 S-10 (still made out of metal) veer into oncoming traffic and got nailed by a 2012 Civic LX.. the whole front end of the S-10 collapsed, while the civic got bent up a bit, its bags deployed, and the A/C condenser discharged.. the radiator didnt bust, all 4 doors opened.. the car still ran and was driven up onto the tow truck, while the S-10 had to be dragged up because it wouldnt even roll....

the S-10 driver was banged up a bit.. the girls in the civic were scared from the air-bags and pissed that their brand new car was smashed but were otherwise unhurt....

so yeah safe indeed it appears..
-Christopher

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's funny some people saying negative things about the 2nd best selling passenger car in the US, #1 selling compact car in the US and the best selling car in Canada.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
283 Posts
very interesting article, why isnt more people / auto journalist talking about this instead of bashing on every new honda product and praise its holiness hyundai korean pieces of sh*t ...

i like this interior

and i love to hear its a healty place to be in lol... i also totalled my first 2006 civic in a ford escape,.. and there was nothing left of the ford suv ... and the interior of my civic was intact, not a single trim outta place other than the air bags out.. couldnt beleive it,.. civics are solid as tanks!!

love the way it looks, love the way it drives, love the new features in it,.. its reliable, safe, and apparently healty!! lol.. bad reviews can kiss my ass, its my favorite civic so far...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I totally agree on the Korean thoughts. For the record, the crash ratings on my 2012 Civic Si were a big draw, especially since I may have kids in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.