9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i thought Toyota was in the lead with their Corolla, guess i was wrong....

Honda Motor‘s popular Civic has for the 13th straight year been crowned as the top-selling passenger car in Canada, racking up sales of 57,501 units last year and close to 1.6 million units since 1973.

“We thank the thousands of Canadians who bought Honda Civic models this past year to make it Canada’s number one car for the 13th year in a row,” said Jerry Chenkin, executive vice president of Honda Canada, in a statement. “We appreciate and value these new car buyers’ vote of confidence in Civic with its strong resale value, excellent fuel efficiency, top-of-class safety features and fun-to-drive character.

“With the exception of the Civic Hybrid, all Civic models sold in Canada are made here in Canada. We are proud of our investment in Canada as a leading vehicle manufacturer. In fact, nearly half of all the vehicles we sold in Canada in 2010 were built in Canada, including the Honda Civic and Acura MDX, ZDX and the Canadian-exclusive CSX.”

According to the company, an all-new, 9th-generation, 2012-model Civic will go on sale in the spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
i am a big Honda Civic fan and knowing the Civic has been the top selling car for 13 straight years is crazy. For Honda to make it to the 14th straight year in Canada might be harder then in the past with a lot of really good competition such as the Chevy Cruze and Ford Focus.

right now all we have to compare the 2012 Civic to other cars is it's exterior styling, no official 2012 Honda Civic specs as yet. If Honda gets the ball rolling soon we should see a 2012 Honda Civic review in a few weeks, then we can really say how it will do in Canada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think in 2011 it's toughest competition will be from the Focus, and new Elantra (I sat in the Elantra Limited the other day while getting my car serviced, and it is REALLY nice for a sub-compact).

·
Registered
58 Posts
.......you guys are forgetting the Hyundai Optima. Cars.com already named it "Best of 2011"

real race is 2012 Civic vs 2011 Optima VS 2011 Cruze

Optima & Cruze already started building some reputation and getting credit from blogs, journalists, and car review companies.

2011 = Competitive year for automotive manufactures

·
Registered
4 Posts
.......you guys are forgetting the Hyundai Optima. Cars.com already named it "Best of 2011"

real race is 2012 Civic vs 2011 Optima VS 2011 Cruze

Optima & Cruze already started building some reputation and getting credit from blogs, journalists, and car review companies.

2011 = Competitive year for automotive manufactures
Optima does not compete with the Civic. Optima will try to beat up on the Accord, Camry, etc. It's a mid-size car (although the Accord is pretty much full size now).

The race will still be the 2 stablemates (Corolla and Civic) with the new comers (Cruze, Elantra, and Focus) all fighting for position. The Mazda3 falls in there somewhere as well...just not sure how it will do this year with so many very good options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts