9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The compact car segment in North America is about to get a lot hotter.

That’s because Honda will bring its new Civic Type R to the U.S. in the near future.

Speaking at the debut of the 2015 Honda Civic Coupe concept today at the New York International Auto Show, American Honda Motor Co. Executive Vice President John Mendel asked the gathered media if they thought the new European-market Civic Type R should be sold in North America.
Read more about the Honda Civic Type R Confirmed for America at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I refuse to believe anything I read/hear today. Although, I did get a little excited when I first read the title :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm on a roller coaster of emotions! If this is not an April fools joke, then I need to start coming up with a way to convince the significant other it's time to trade in the Si. If it is a joke, then I hate you AutoGuide! :sad:

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Watch it be taken down. All these honda fanboys are gonna be sooooo mad!

·
Registered
389 Posts
#1 it would be a terrible business move for an auto manufacturer to announce a highly anticipated car, and then say just kidding.
#2 I would consider the whole "selfie" thing on Honda's website to be the full extent of their humor today.
So in my opinion, it's really going to happen...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just watched the press conference from the New York Auto Show. They never confirmed the Type R will come to the states. They did, however, agree it would be great to have it here and more information regarding the Type R will be announced throughout this year.

The 2016 coupe pictures that have been going around, along with its specs/features seem to be legit. I highly doubt any car manufacturer would pull an April fools joke, on the scale of a press conference at a major auto show.

Link for those curious:

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Just received the corporate email from Honda, going to Vegas to see Hondas "core" model update on the mid month. So we shall have confirmation of the ctr. Doubt it'll be a ctr it'll be more along the lines of an SiR but we shall see. Still too early to tell.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You all don't know how to read.. all that was confirmed is that 2016 sedans and coupes are coming on the article posted. The Type R wasn't even specified nor confirmed, yet you're all getting a hard on because a website put an inflammatory title to garner more clicks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You all don't know how to read.. all that was confirmed is that 2016 sedans and coupes are coming on the article posted. The Type R wasn't even specified nor confirmed, yet you're all getting a hard on because a website put an inflammatory title to garner more clicks.
First lines of the article.
"The compact car segment in North America is about to get a lot hotteR.
That’s because Honda will bring its new Civic Type R to the U.S. in the near future."

I do agree it was click-bait, considering it actually wasn't confirmed by Honda. It could also be an April fools joke by Autoguide lol.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
First lines of the article.
"The compact car segment in North America is about to get a lot hotteR.
That’s because Honda will bring its new Civic Type R to the U.S. in the near future."

I do agree it was click-bait, considering it actually wasn't confirmed by Honda. It could also be an April fools joke by Autoguide lol.
Let me specify. The title by auto guide was the inflammatory title I referred to which had no basis in facts provided in the article. To say the Type R is coming because the title of an article said so would be insane. If that was all that was needed to create a truth, I want to make an article that says I will find a million dollars tomorrow. After all, the title of an article has to be true? This isn't directed at you, but at all the people who have the reading abilities of a first grader.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts