9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Haters are always gonna hate...even amongst our own brethren here, they'll hate on the R. Yesterday was a great day because Honda is back in a big way in the US with performance. This is a great strategy. Just like they did in the 80s, when they used Formula 1 and combined that with their cars and marketing...it was a very successful recipe for Honda. Remember...Honda started the import game. All we need now is the return of the S2000 and Prelude, and for Acura they're getting their NSX again. Glory days are back!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
At first was 250hp in europe. But on april fools were supposed to get 305? 9th gens can do 6.1 how could this only do 5.7. My speed 3 with 265 bhp no lsd differential could do 5.8, 5.9s.
lol
Jokes on us
although i did just google it and all the car news reporting sites confirm the same thing. So i think its legit, but the focus will crush it spec wise with the awd. The civic does look awesome inside though

It's a FWD, so acceleration will naturally be limited by FWD traction. Also, 5.7s is a conservative time from Honda and 5.7s is from 0-62mph. 0-60 might be around 5.5s or so. The Civic Type R isn't going to put down an impressive number from 0-60, but its nurburgring time is ridiculous. I don't know that the Focus RS or STI can beat a 7:50.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
Remember...Honda started the import game.
Actually, Toyota was the first Japanese company to bring cars over here. In 1957, we got the Crown and the Land Cruiser.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Actually, Toyota was the first Japanese company to bring cars over here. In 1957, we got the Crown and the Land Cruiser.
Excellent car history there scotty! I think what General Lee Si meant was the whole sport compact scene started with Honda not that they we necessarily the first Jap car company to come to the States.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just saw an episode of MotorWeek and they said honda hasnt confirmed the type R for the US yet. If it makes its way to the US im hoping they also give us the Mugen parts like they did for the 8thgen.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I just saw an episode of MotorWeek and they said honda hasnt confirmed the type R for the US yet. If it makes its way to the US im hoping they also give us the Mugen parts like they did for the 8thgen.
Seriously? lmao....some people's kids...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
'The (front) H is straight up and down, which is amazing.' hahahahahahahahaaaa

Seriously, the car looks great, and hopefully will show up here looking not too different from the concept.

And it will be here in dealerships in September? That's kind of unprecedented, at least recently. New MY autos usually arrive later in the year than that. Honda is going to have a lot of 9th gens sitting around gathering dust with such a fresh new design arriving so early.

And the Type R is coming to America, as per the featured Honda semi-big-wig.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Would love to see a three way comparison between the golf r, the focus RS and the type r..

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is a very exciting time for the Honda family. I am impressed with the concept that they showed at NY and the confirmation that they Type R will be here in a couple of years. While this seems a bit off in a way I am glad. By the time it makes it to our shores they should have the kinks out of the 2.0 engine. Also a lot of people found the current hatch design polarizing so with that extra time Europe will get a newly designed hatch that will be made to our crash standards. Honestly should see a production concept at NA or Geneva shows in 2016.

·
Registered
2 Posts
9th Gen Civic Aftermarket Wheels

I have a 2015 Civic Se and want to throw some rims on it. Not looking for any pricey rims but something nice! My car is black, have any pictures of any cool black civics with some nice wheels?! I was looking into XXR, Rota, Drag but open to any! Please help me decide or change to find something nice!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
I have a 2015 Civic Se and want to throw some rims on it. Not looking for any pricey rims but something nice! My car is black, have any pictures of any cool black civics with some nice wheels?! I was looking into XXR, Rota, Drag but open to any! Please help me decide or change to find something nice!
Please see any thread that features pictures, which are many. Looking through the forums will edumacate you as to what's here.which is a good thing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The weight of, the wheel should be your first concern when shopping for a set

41 - 60 of 67 Posts