9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoguide reports the CR-Z is doing well in Japan. So well that Honda makes a special edition CR-Z....
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/12/honda-cr-z-jcoty-edition-is-built-for-gloating.html

While the Honda CR-Z has had only a tepid reception in North America, its home market of Japan seems to be taking well to the controversial hybrid sports car. Hybrids have always been a hit in Japan, and the nation’s automotive journalists recently awarded the CR-Z the title of “Car of the Year”.
To celebrate the victory, Honda is releasing the CR-Z in a special paint scheme, with the car finished in “Pearl Deep Sapphire Blue” with Dark Pewter Gray rims. A special sticker will also be placed on the window, and only 1,000 will be made. The special CR-Z will cost $34,200, and considering the Japanese market’s legendary love of novelty cars, we suspect that all1,000 units will disappear quickly.
Maybe the 2012 civic will do this good in more markets?

·
Registered
58 Posts
WOW the asian bat mobile........LOL
that's the best description for this CR-Z lolll
Honda went way overboard with the CR-Z. Aftermarket tuning brands did a way better job making the CR-Z look "good".

Everyone should just check out the coverage AutoGuide.com posted from the Tokyo Auto Salon for some hot CR-Z's
2011 Tokyo Auto Salon Coverage : Auto Shows, Photos and News

I likey, but I would have to see the ass as well. I like the rears of my cars a lot for some reason.
is that for the losing competition to see? :woowoo:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I want a little sticker on my car! I'll pay a crazy amount for it! hahaha.
For the die hard CR-Z fan's this is like gold but how can someone justify paying so much for a car with some custom paint, custom wheels and a sticker.......i rather buy a CR-Z and drop coin on parts from J's Racing, Mugen, Spoon, etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know if this will be replacing the CRV or is this just another car you can buy from Honda now ?
CRV is a Sports Utility Vehicle, CR-Z is a sports hatch, both are by far....different from each other. From my research Honda won't be replacing the CRV with anything, anytime soon. The CR-Z is replacing the CR-X made a while ago.

CRV

CRZ

·
Registered
181 Posts
that's the best description for this CR-Z lolll
Honda went way overboard with the CR-Z. Aftermarket tuning brands did a way better job making the CR-Z look "good".

Everyone should just check out the coverage AutoGuide.com posted from the Tokyo Auto Salon for some hot CR-Z's
2011 Tokyo Auto Salon Coverage : Auto Shows, Photos and News

is that for the losing competition to see? :woowoo:
Nicely put! LoL **** straight!!!!!!!!!! :cheerleader1:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's a video of the experimental TS 1X CR-Z @ Detroit which is suppose to be "aerodynamic" according to Honda, not sure how much of us here can take this CR-Z seriously until some stats on it's performance are released.

The look, MIGHT grow on me but I'm Still not impressed....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here's a video of the experimental TS 1X CR-Z @ Detroit which is suppose to be "aerodynamic" according to Honda, not sure how much of us here can take this CR-Z seriously until some stats on it's performance are released.

The look, MIGHT grow on me but I'm Still not impressed....

YouTube - Honda TS-1X : DigInfo
I saw this on youtube recently. I love it's ass. Once I save a lot of money, I am gonna make sure my CR-Z is gonna be faster. But regardless, I love the look. :happy:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd buy it. It's rare. But then again, my CR-Z is rare. I hardly see my car around. Which I prefer.Nice blue. Better than the one they have out now. And I will make my car go fast. I just need 3 years to save up.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.