9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
not a fan of a 2seater need a backseat for other reason
I feel you there, I would totally buy that car otherwise, I love the crz inside and out.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My sedan is a two seater :whitedomokundance:

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
492 Posts
Mugen CR-Z Revealed

Trust Mugen to build the CR-Z that Honda fans have been calling for. Revealed ahead of its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, the team at Mugen Euro has bolted on a supercharger to the car's 1.5-liter engine while retaining the factory Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system to produce 200-hp and 181 lb-ft of torque. That's up significantly from the 122-hp and 128 lb-ft of torque in the stock car.

Called a disappointment by Honda fanboys, the Mugen CR-Z should wipe clean any doubts with acceleration times that the Japanese tuner says are on par with the Civic Type R – somewhere around the mid 6 second range. Helping to achieve that time (and make the Mugen CR-Z a more notable track threat) is a weight reduction program that results in 110 lbs being shed. Light weight replacement parts include some featherweight Mugen alloy wheels and a carbon fiber hood. In addition, the Mugen CR-Z gets a reworked suspension, upgraded brakes and plenty of new aero bits.

Mugen also claims the car's fuel economy has not been significantly compromised, with the three factory drive modes retained and the supercharger only really coming into its own in a "Mugen mode."

Build by Mugen's European division in the U.K., sadly this car is just a one off, but there is a strong possibility the supercharger system and many of the other parts could be offered. We'll find our more when the car is officially revealed at Goodwood.
Get more: Mugen CR-Z at AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
ugh just get rid of that stupid hybrid crap and put in a real K engine. probably will get better mpg then the hybrid with the k24z7 in that light chasis.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Hmm...I like it...if it were to come to the US and with a decent price I would probably get it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
What a fuckin tease... Why can't they sell this in the States like the Mugen Civic Si Sedan?
If you lived outside the US, the USDM Mugen Si was available outside the US & had access to purchase an FD-2 would you ever consider buying the USDM Mugen Si. Don't get me wrong the USDM Mugen Si was a good looker but it was just a dressed up Si, nothing more. American Honda had a chance to build something very special but all they did was generate buzz for a dressed up Si.

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice looking, hope they sell it state side

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yea they'll sell it in the states once the penny gets a third side to the coin.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I hear ya, just wishful thinking

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Mugen’s Supercharged Honda CR-Z Hybrid Prototype Debuts on Film

The Mugen CR-Z has some engine modifications that make you say "WOW", an addition of a supercharger makes us expect some impressive performance from the Mugen CR-Z. The promotional video put out by Honda (see below) gives the impression its fast but we need to see the 2011 Mugen CR-Z in the hands of someone or some people who will really put it to the test.

With development of the new Honda CR-Z Mugen concept nearing its end, the Japanese automaker decided it’s time to release the first video of the supercharged hybrid model on the road before its world premiere at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed in July.
The prototype CR-Z is the collaborative work of Honda UK and its in-house tuning shop Mugen Euro. The hotted-up hybrid sports car feature modifications to the 1.5-liter i-VTEC petrol engine with the addition of a supercharger as well as to the Honda IMA system.

Mugen remains tightlipped at present over output numbers, but given that the regular model delivers a combined output of 122-horsepower, the supercharged model should flirt with the 200-horsepower mark.

“Performance figures already look promising for this supercharged Honda CR-Z, as early tests with a prototype car based on a standard CR-Z and a mid-tune engine giving 0-60mph times around that of the Civic Type R,” Honda said in a statement.

The tuning firm has also stripped out 50 kg or 110 pounds from the chassis and made changes to the suspension, alloy wheel / tire combos, brake system and the car’s aerodynamics.

Mugen CR-Z Exterior pictures

Mugen CR-Z Interior picture

all info from here

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
wow, that fuel efficiency with 200 hp, thatd be nice

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
lol yes insight si, love it

·