9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Due to continuing parts supply problems from Japan, in the wake of the Earthquake and Tsunami; Honda has announced that it is cutting back production of vehicles in North America.

Honda, whose Tochigi operations were badly hampered by the quake; has said that while some of its part suppliers are now up and running again; others have still to resume operations.

As result of ongoing supply chain issues, the company announced to US and Canadian Employees on March 30th, that it would be reducing production output at North American plants. A source said that the Alliston, plant in Ontario, Canada, would cut production from approximately 700 vehicles per day to 400; numbers for other facilities weren't available at post time.

More: Honda Cuts Back North American Production Of The Civic on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
FML.....well i would assume that a LARGE number of base model civics have already been built and are awaiting to be shipped to dealers all over the country. While this news is not good its also not really surprising. But to cut from 700 to 400 a day is a number i am happy with, it could be much much worse!

·
Registered
794 Posts
And that means we will have to wait a bit longer for the Si guarantee.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I hope this won't effect things too much, I don't feel as though it will! But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Kinda makes me happy I won't be buying till April 2012, long time away but at least everything should be settled by then. If I were getting it now, I'd be going crazy about hoping it'd be coming on time! GOodluck to you guys buying on release!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Very smart to be buying a year after, that's what I plan. Haha a march 2012 pick up. Wait to see how good (or bad :\) the car is and wait for them to maybe work a few of the kinks out lol hopefully there is no major TSB's out on this one. -_-

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Very smart to be buying a year after, that's what I plan. Haha a march 2012 pick up. Wait to see how good (or bad :\) the car is and wait for them to maybe work a few of the kinks out lol hopefully there is no major TSB's out on this one. -_-
You too?! Nice for a while I thought I'd be the only one waiting to buy lol Not that I have a choice, I'm in a lease right now on an 8th gen coupe and that's when it ends! What about you? Something holding your or are you waiting intentionally?

·
Registered
423 Posts
WHYYYYYYYY FML!:dry:

Hopfully 400 a day instead of 700 is enough to still make its rounds ito the dealerships in a decent time period..

·
Registered
423 Posts
TOKYO, Japan, Mach 31, 2011 - Following is the most current information regarding the impact of the major earthquake in Northeastern Japan on Honda's operations.

<About automobile production>
Honda will resume production of finished automobiles at Sayama Plant at Saitama Factory (Sayama, Saitama) and Suzuka Factory (Suzuka, Mie) on Monday, April 11, 2011. This means all Honda production plants in Japan will be in operation as of that date.

Honda also will resume production and shipment of component parts for use in production in regions outside Japan on Monday, April 4, 2011.

However, as the parts supply situation remains fluid; production of component parts and vehicles at Honda plants will resume at approximately 50% of the original production plan at the outset. Honda will carefully monitor the situation and manage its operations accordingly.

Honda appreciates everyone's understanding during these challenging times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.